This client is a leader in their slice of the medical device market. Complex technologies both internally and in conjunction with their products, play an integral role is their success. They are currently in need of a DevOps Engineer, with Chef experience preferred over Ansible. This position is 6+ months contract for W2 payment term consultants only for work at their San Jose facility.
This DevOps Engineer position is a combination of Configuration Management (Chef is preferred, Ruby, Ansible, Python), Reliability Engineering (Docker, Rancher), Cloud Engineering (AWS, Heroku), Release Management, and IT Operations.
As part of DevOps Team which manages multiple environments, each containing over 100+ servers with hundreds of different components and applications. To manage our fleet of over a thousand servers (both Windows and Enterprise Linux) we develop a necessary automation.
• Configuration Management & Software Deployment: Contribute to continual rollout of Chef, Ansible based deployment automation and configuration management across multiple Test and Production environments, author and maintain cookbooks/playbooks. Implement customized scripts (in Ruby, Python, bash) and software applications to automate environment maintenance, orchestration, and release engineering tasks
• IT Operations: Maintain uptime and troubleshoot problems in active Dev, QA, and Production environments, along with development and deployment infrastructure, counting over a 1000+ servers. Respond to off-hours minimal emergencies and activities.
• Cloud Engineering: Contribute to the movement towards AWS, Heroku based hosting and architecture, work on a platform that allows development teams to push their changes into fresh EC2 instances in mere minutes. Manage and provision our Cloud Computing setup in Infrastructure as Code way using StackMaster (Cloud Formation Templates, and SparkleFormation DSL).
• Reliability Engineering: Roll-out and support Docker-based infrastructure platform in Test Environments and Production (Docker and Rancher). Suggest and implement improvements into the platform in order to bring it to the next level of excellence.
• Release Management & CI/CD: Shape up and improve SDLC processes and document them in Standard Operating Procedures. Define, configure and script build, metric, test, deploy, release and other steps of deployment pipeline for variety applications.
• Hardcore proficiency in Chef: design and implementation of in-house cookbooks from the get-go, harnessing community cookbooks, implementation of LWRPs/definitions/libraries, berkshelf, test-kitchen, you name it.
• 1+ years of scripting skills in pure Ruby to be able to code deployment scripts and other tools and related systems; usage of git for development purposes.
• 3+ years of experience with test environments or Production support: Linux/Windows servers administration, troubleshooting and deployments, rolling out monitoring solutions (nagios, zabbix, LogicMonitor, nimsoft, etc), setting up centralized logging solutions (ELK, Splunk, Sumo, etc).
Nice to Have:
• Proficiency in Ansible + Python
• On the ground experience with AWS + CloudFormation couple
• Hands-on experience with Heroku
• Experience with Docker and Container Orchestration Tools like Rancher, Kubernetes, Docker Swarm etc.
What’s in it for You:
Since 2002 Maxonic has been at the forefront of connecting candidate strengths to client challenges. Our award winning, dedicated team of recruiting professionals are specialized by technology, are great listeners, and will seek to find a position that meets the long term career needs of our candidates. We take pride in the over 5,000 candidates that we have placed, and the repeat business that we earn from our satisfied clients.
Interested in Applying?
We can’t wait to see your resume. Please apply below with your most current resume and anything else you’d like us to know about you – commute preferences, desired work environments, etc. We promise to get back to you within 24 hours. Feel free to email Nina Schindler (firstname.lastname@example.org) (nina_at_maxonic_dot_com) or call 408-739-4900 x 123.