Our client is one of many well-known companies in mobile world. Their Cloud services group is looking for DevOPS/CloudOPS Engineer. This is a 6+ month contract and located in Mountain View, CA.
- Work in a multi-disciplinary scrum team; work closely with Product Management, UX Design, QA, Technical Support and other staff to resolve dev/ops issues with customer facing services
- Be constantly challenged to learn and grow with new technologies and complex problems
- Have shared ownership of the cloud-based products and services you build
- Understand and continuously be aware of data security requirements of our various data sources (e.g. KNOX services, IoT events data, etc.)
- Build tools and systems to improve the time to market of our products
- Systems Administration of Linux OS, including administrating, deploying and managing Ubuntu, Red Hat or CentOS servers
- Help automate continuous integration using tools like Jenkins and Bamboo
- Automate the configuration and deployment of monitoring and management services using tools such as Jenkins, Bamboo, Collectd, Nagios, Zabbix, Docker, Packer, Terraform, Ansible
- Write tools and scripts to provide automation and self-services solutions for other teams
- Work with cutting edge tools such as AWS, Redis, Redshift, Collectd, Graphite, Nagios, Shinken, Zabbix, ELK (ElasticSearch, Logstash, Kibana), and Qlik Sense
- Help evangelize DevOps culture as you collaborate with team members around the globe
MUST Skills and Qualification:
- 3+ years of hands-on experience as server admin with expertise in Linux
- Solid experience in designing, building and deploying scalable systems, including security, high availability and operational requirements
- Strong scripting/programming skills in one or more of: Shell, Ruby, Python, Node.js, Go, Perl
- Strong knowledge of SQL and NoSQL databases, like Redshift, CouchBase, MongoDB, and MySQL
- Experience preferred with Amazon Web Services and/or Windows Azure
- Hands-on understanding of Terraform, Ansible, Apache, Nginx, Tomcat, HAProxy, Jenkins, Maven, Artifactory, Packer, Docker, Elasticsearch, Memcache
- BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- Must be currently authorized to work in the US on our W2
- Mountain View, CA
- Local candidates preferred
Since 2002 Maxonic has been at the forefront of connecting candidate strengths to client challenges. Our award winning, dedicated team of recruiting professionals are specialized by technology, are great listeners, and will seek to find a position that meets the long term career needs of our candidates. We take pride in the over 5,000 candidates that we have placed, and the repeat business that we earn from our satisfied clients.
Interested in Applying?
We can’t wait to see your resume. Please apply below with your most current resume and anything else you’d like us to know about you – commute preferences, desired work environments, etc. We promise to get back to you within 24 hours. Feel free to email Nina Schindler (email@example.com) or call 408-739-4900 x 123.