This client is one of the most famous medical and research institutions in the world, and home to five Nobel laureates. They are at the forefront of creating new knowledge from the exploding volume of clinical, discovery, and education data that it creates and manages. In support of this effort, they have an immediate need for a Cognos Developer. This is a Contract to Hire position.
We are looking for a Cognos Developer with expertise in Report Studio and Transformer cubes development experience.
• Overall architecture, design and development of Cubes and Business Intelligence analytics/reporting framework and solutions. Also responsible for administering BI tool and designing a scalable infrastructure for the BI solutions. Develop design & development specifications, metadata and documentation.
• Translate business requirements into BI Technical Design and coordinate with ETL developers, DBA and System Administrators, Project Managers in the development, automation and maintenance of BI Applications and Cubes and related jobs, batch scripts, etc.
• Enhancements and Production Support: Maintain the scheduling, distribution, and refresh for reports, views, and OLAP.
• Provide production support for the reporting and analytic environment including: troubleshooting, new user setup, security, training, performance monitoring and documentation.
• Develop SQL using Databases such as Oracle/SQL*Server, BI reports/dash boards in BI tools such as COGNOS etc.to meet established service level requirements for bug fixes and enhancements.
• Hands-on experience and expertise in designing and building enterprise portal, reports, dash boards and analytics with professional report building software packages such as Cognos.,
• Also proficient with report terminology and concepts such as drill-down, roll-up, aggregation, etc. and Cognos 10 (Framework Manager, Transformer, Metrics Server, Analysis Studio, Report Studio, Query Studio, TM1, Business Insight, COGNOS Mobile).
• Hands on experience in writing SQL/PLSQL/TSQL code using relational databases such as Oracle, SQL*Server etc., and dimensional databases such as TM1, Essbase, SSAS etc.
What’s in it for You:
About the Client:
The work to which you will contribute, either directly or indirectly through your support efforts will have a major, positive impact on the world. The treatments developed at this client are have helped millions. The group you work with applies business intelligence to clinical data to achieve remarkable efficiencies and positive patient outcomes.
Since 2002 Maxonic has been at the forefront of connecting candidate strengths to client challenges. Our award winning, dedicated team of recruiting professionals are specialized by technology, are great listeners, and will seek to find a position that meets the long term career needs of our candidates. We take pride in the over 5,000 candidates that we have placed, and the repeat business that we earn from our satisfied clients.
Interested in Applying?
We can’t wait to see your resume. Please apply below with your most current resume and anything else you’d like us to know about you – commute preferences, desired work environments, etc. Or you can contact Mohini Mehta (firstname.lastname@example.org), 408-739-4900 x 121. We promise to get back to you within 24 hours.
Key Words: IT, Information Technology, BI, Cognos, Framework, Report Studio, Transformer, Cubes