Our client is one of largest retailers in the world. Yet their IT department is nimble and dynamic, and works with cutting edge technologies. The Information Technology Department has an opening for a Lead Application Developer / Designer who has knowledge and experience with managing huge data volumes and drive Analytics for their Information Management programs. This Contract-To-Hire position is located in Pleasanton, California and looking for the candidates who can work on W2 payment term.
• Develop new applications for the Data Warehouse and provide consultancy on existing ones.
• Develop applications in a heterogeneous environment consisting on relational and non-relational technologies.
• Analyze, design, develop and implement data warehouse / data mart solutions in a large corporation.
• Develop extensive knowledge of the Operations and the Data of the current business data.
• Developing systems/applications that interface with multiple platforms in the mainframe, midrange and Unix environments.
• Migrate existing applications from one database environment to another.
• Program and test data acquisition (internally and externally) and transformation processes.
• Populate and create the data into the data warehouse both at the detailed & summarized level
• Automate and ensure that all data warehouse jobs are run through a scheduler
• Ensure backup and DR solutions exist for the data
• Monitor data acquisition and data access activities
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science.
• 4 - 5 years of experience in the retail industry preferred.
• Programming skills of the following: Java, C, Unix, Shell programming and SQL.
• Solid understanding of working in a Teradata environment with a Masters in Teradata certification preferred
• Thorough knowledge of Data Warehouse integration technologies pertaining to ETL, ELT, Messaging, brokering and Data Virtualization.
• Minimum 3 - 4 years' experience with an ETL tool - DataStage is preferred.
• Must be able to translate the business requirements and map it to the Data Warehouse ETL process and solutions.
• Should have File conversion and data loading experience, good programming skills, and experience with multidimensional design for Data Warehouses.
• Strong database skills with experience in creating data mart applications and the data marts themselves.
• Able to utilize a structured methodology for the requirements, design and realization of Data Warehouses/Data Mart solutions.
• Develop specs and delegate to junior programmers, as well as, be able to provide guidance and mentor their development.
Since 2002 Maxonic has been at the forefront of connecting candidate strengths to client challenges. Our award winning, dedicated team of recruiting professionals are specialized by technology, are great listeners, and will seek to find a position that meets the long term career needs of our candidates. We take pride in the over 5,000 candidates that we have placed, and the repeat business that we earn from our satisfied clients.
Interested in Applying?
We can’t wait to see your resume. Please apply below with your most current resume and anything else you’d like us to know about you – commute preferences, desired work environments, etc. We promise to get back to you within 24 hours. Feel free to email Bhavya Aluri (firstname.lastname@example.org) or call 408-739-4900 x 118.