Our client is one of largest retailers in the world. Yet their IT department is nimble and dynamic, and works with cutting edge technologies. They are currently in need of an experienced Business Systems Analyst, to work as part of a team on multiple high visibility projects. This position is a contract and is at their East Bay (SF Bay) facility.
- Shape the solutions to fit business objectives in the Marketing/Merchandising domain in capacity of a system analyst.
- Consult with the business clients to understand and assess business process under review.
- Analyze business processes, fit-gap analysis, inefficiencies and risks to determine appropriate process and system design.
- Applies RUP or Agile project methodologies to the task of requirements gathering and communicating with the project team.
- Guides the project team towards the incremental delivery of project releases.
- Facilitates and encourage communication and information flow between end users and the project teams to refine requirements, define the project vision, and develop project goals and roadmaps.
- Identify, analyze and document system requirements (functional and non-functional).
- Oversee the planning and execution of UAT.
- Perform Data Analysis and Mapping
- Experience in Retail, Marketing and Supply chain
- 6+ years of business analysis and /or functional experience with some experience as a Product Owner on agile software projects.
- Significant experience in Retail (specifically Pricing, Promotion Planning, Deal Management, and Item Management) Domain is desired.
- Significant experience with Data Analysis is preferred. Demonstrated hands-on knowledge of SQL against any RDBM is a requirement. Oracle, DB2 and Teradata are preferred.
- Demonstrated use Requirements gathering Tools like Requisite PRO, HP suite and wireframes is highly desired.
- Strong working knowledge of EXCEL and VISIO is a requirement.
- Must be currently authorized to work in the US
- Position type: Contract to Hire
- Position location: Pleasanton, CA
What’s in it for You:
- Competitive pay for contract and permanent positions, with excellent stability and opportunity for growth.
- Great opportunity to enhance or solidify your skills with an excellent, diverse and experienced team.
- Work on multiple projects allows you to get experience with a variety of technologies and teams.
About the Client:
This client has a strong reputation as a responsible corporate citizen and has long been committed to improving the quality of life in the communities they serve. With numerous training programs and outlets for development, they ensure that employees are continually strengthening their skill set and developing as individuals. Their facilities are modern, clean and comfortable.
Since 2002 Maxonic has been at the forefront of connecting candidate strengths to client challenges. Our award winning, dedicated team of recruiting professionals are specialized by technology, are great listeners, and will seek to find a position that meets the long term career needs of our candidates. We take pride in the over 5,000 candidates that we have placed, and the repeat business that we earn from our satisfied clients.
Interested in Applying?
We can’t wait to see your resume. Please apply below with your most current resume and anything else you’d like us to know about you – commute preferences, desired work environments, etc. We promise to get back to you within 24 hours. Feel free to email Jalpa Mehta (firstname.lastname@example.org) or call 408-739-4900 x 114.
Key Words: IT, information technology, Business System Analyst, BSA, Agile, Retail, Pricing, Promotion Planning, Deal Management, Item Management, Product owner