Our client is a discount retail powerhouse based in the East Bay. They are dedicated to continuously improving the technologies used to make their business more efficient. The IT Applications Lead - Application Development provides technical leadership on application development projects, works with the IT and business management to define technical direction, and applies software technologies and solutions to address business requirements. This position will be based out of their Dublin, CA office.
- Lead or participate in project teams tasked with implementing new software application capabilities, and system enhancements and upgrades.
- Manage technical delivery portion of projects throughout the entire systems development lifecycle, ensuring that requirements are defined accurately, and systems are designed and coded to meet the defined requirements.
- Participate in project planning. Ensure that test plans are designed and executed successfully, and all required system and user documentation is created accurately.
- Take a leadership role in analyzing the use of new and existing technology to meet current and future business needs
- Provide working prototypes and development environments for other programmers to experiment with. Work with other leads on large projects, either as a lead or a team member.
- Participates in gathering and documenting requirements from the business.
- Design integrated solutions which may include applications, databases, and related systems.
- Develop programming code and software modifications using appropriate languages and tools to provide responsive and innovative solutions, and new functionality in enterprise-wide and/or complex specialized systems.
- Ensure proper testing and business change management practices and procedures are followed.
- Provide technical training to programmers and programmer analysts on the use of new technologies.
- Bachelor degree in computer science, information technology or related field, or equivalent combination of education, industry certifications and relevant experience.
- At least 10 years of experience in IT industry.
- At least 5 years of software application design and development experience.
- In-depth knowledge of Java (including Spring framework), Web, XML and mobile application technologies, application development tools and programming languages.
- In-depth knowledge of database modeling, design and development.
- Understanding of application security with general understanding of current security threats.
- Conceptual and practical understanding of IT Infrastructure, products, and services. This should include understanding of networking protocols, operating systems, databases, encryption, and other technologies.
- Experience with MuleSoft Anypoint Platform.
- Experience with Oracle Application Development Framework and JDeveloper.
- Familiarity with modern development practices and tools (Agile, DevOps, Continuous Integration, Automated Testing and Deployment etc.)
- Must be currently authorized to work in the US
- Contract – To - Hire
- Position location: Dublin, CA
Since 2002 Maxonic has been at the forefront of connecting candidate strengths to client challenges. Our award winning, dedicated team of recruiting professionals is specialized by technology, are great listeners, and will seek to find a position that meets the long term career needs of our candidates. We take pride in the over 5,000 candidates that we have placed, and the repeat business that we earn from our satisfied clients.
Interested in Applying?
Feel free to call Kanchan (email@example.com), 408-739-4900 x 106. We promise to get back to you within 24 hours.