Our client is a discount retail powerhouse based in the East Bay. They are dedicated to continuously improving the technologies used to make their business more efficient. In support of this effort, they have a need for a fulltime Lead Security Analyst to provide information security related support to projects thru the Systems Development Life-Cycle (SDLC), Threat and Vulnerability Management, Risk Management and Compliance, establishing trust relationships through active engagement and collaboration. This position is also responsible for validating security requirements adherence, evaluating security services and technologies, maintaining information security policies and procedures. The Security Analyst is also responsible for assisting in performing host and vulnerability assessment, managing change requests thru change management process, performing vendor risk assessments and ensuring the company’s compliance with all applicable laws, rules and regulations. This position will be based out of their Dublin, CA office.
- Develops test cases and procedures for validation of project related security requirements
- Executes test cases and procedures to validate security requirements have been met prior to the deployment of the new/enhanced capabilities to the company’s environment.
- Assist in researching and evaluating various methods to secure systems, networks, databases, and business applications in support of the project deliverables, related services and other IT organizations
- Maintains system, database, or network devices minimum security baselines and automated scripts use for host security certification process
- Performs host security certification to ensure compliance with minimum security baselines
- Assist in the execution of project related penetration testing and source code security review, where applicable
- Contributes in identifying resolution to security related problems by using creative thinking and problem solving
- Contribute to the development of technical reports, departmental metric reporting and/or security related presentations
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of the IT security industry, including awareness of new or revised security solutions, improved security processes and the development of new attacks and threat vectors
- Monitors current and proposed laws, regulations, industry standards, and ethical requirements related to information security and privacy, so that the company is warned and is ready to be fully compliant with these requirements
Qualifications and Skills Required
- Minimum of 3 years in Information Technology Security.
- Demonstrated experience in information security for applications, web architectures, operating systems, databases, and networks.
- Working knowledge of UNIX and Windows.
- Familiarity with firewalls, VPN, PKI, IPS, wireless, IPT, virtualization security, Oracle and MS SQL preferred.
- Ability to articulate security issues in terms of business risk.
- Ability to analyze and solve complex problems.
- Ability to work in a group setting and independently.
- Excellent attention and orientation toward meticulous work.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Products.
- Must be currently authorized to work in the US
- Fulltime only
- Position location: Dublin, CA
- Local candidates only – must attend onsite interview
What’s in it for You:
- Competitive pay
- Great opportunity to enhance or solidify your skills
- Full benefits (medical, dental. Vision) if you become a permanent employee
- Ample opportunities for advancement in an environment that fosters collaboration, inspiration and innovation.
About the Client:
For over 30 years, this client has helped professionals learn and grow in a positive and diverse environment. Along the way, the company has grown to join the ranks of the Fortune 500, with locations nationwide.
Since 2002 Maxonic has been at the forefront of connecting candidate strengths to client challenges. Our award winning, dedicated team of recruiting professionals is specialized by technology, are great listeners, and will seek to find a position that meets the long term career needs of our candidates. We take pride in the over 5,000 candidates that we have placed, and the repeat business that we earn from our satisfied clients.
Interested in Applying?
We can’t wait to see your resume. Please apply below with your most current resume and anything else you’d like us to know about you – commute preferences, desired work environments, etc. Or you can contact Bhavya Aluri directly (firstname.lastname@example.org), 408-739-4900 x 118.
Keywords: IT Security, Information security products, CISSP, Virtualization Security