Our client is one of giants in the telecommunications industry with focus on innovation and research. They are currently in need of Linguist, to work as part of a very important and innovative project. This position is contract and is at their Mountain View, CA facility.
- The linguist will participate in variety of formal and informal activities as dictated by the needs of the business and may include:
- Support Machine Learning experts in language specific areas for our target language (US English). These include creating grammars, providing language data, concept annotation, create annotation guidelines, support UX team in creation of the voice of our AI, review of user data and propose improvements.
- Perform tasks such as speech recognition, speech synthesis, machine translation, grammar checking, text mining and other “Big Data” related applications.
- Research, plan, and document company’s product features for a variety of audiences, such as software developers, IT admins, sales engineers and end users.
- Identify and resolve issues relating to documentation, project schedules, structure, design, and deliverables.
- Visualize complex processes and solve complex problems. Apply great deal of concentration over a long period of time to complete a complicated task properly the very first time.
- MUST be native US English speakers
- Deep knowledge of US English grammar, spelling and syntax.
- Has a solid knowledge base in linguistics (specifically syntax, semantics, phonetics and other structural aspects of language), natural language processing and computer or software programming.
- Bachelor's degree in Linguistics, Computational linguistics, Translation or comparable experience.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in a software technology environment, preferably producing written documentation and content for developers, SMEs, and IT personnel.
- Experience in technical writing and localization edition or comparable experience.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, with the ability to build strong relationships and advocate the craft with internal stakeholders.
- Demonstrated ability to write documentation that is clear, concise, consistent, and accurate.
- Expert ability to aggressively seek out, distill, and learn technical information from company’s worldwide development teams, explain it to other team members, and then document it in the appropriate delivery target (developer guide, whitepaper, tutorial, blog, etc.).
- Stay current with trends and new tools and technologies in the Android and mobile device ecosystem.
- Ability to visualize and illustrate complex concepts.
- Ability to manage multiple competing priorities and maintain high content quality in a fast-paced, constantly changing dynamic environment
- Some scripting or programing experience desired but not required.
- Experience in Voice UX design and dialog management a plus.
- Ability to understand and create use-cases that developers can use to implement new product features.
- Expertise with desktop publishing software (e.g. MS Office, Adobe Suite, graphics packages).
- Experience with video script creation for explaining product features.
- Experience with content management tools (e.g. SharePoint, Confluence, Perforce).
- Experience with developer tools (e.g., Android Studio, Jira).
- Software QA/testing experience a plus.
- W2 only
- Location: Mountain View, CA
- Contract duration: 6 Months
What’s in it for You:
- Competitive pay for contact, with excellent stability and opportunity for growth.
- Great opportunity to enhance or solidify your skills with an excellent, diverse and experienced team.
- Work on multiple projects allows you to get experience with a variety of technologies and teams.
About the Client:
This client is involved in in developing the next generation of discovery in software, user experience and services for future products that can enrich your life. Their mission is to research and develop new technologies by partnering with the best and brightest and creating a collaborative environment between industry and academia.
Since 2002 Maxonic has been at the forefront of connecting candidate strengths to client challenges. Our award winning, dedicated team of recruiting professionals are specialized by technology, are great listeners, and will seek to find a position that meets the long term career needs of our candidates. We take pride in the over 5,000 candidates that we have placed, and the repeat business that we earn from our satisfied clients.
Interested in Applying?
We can’t wait to see your resume. Feel free to email Bhavya Aluri (firstname.lastname@example.org) or call 408-739-4900 x 118.
Key Words: Linguist, Native English, translator, editor, tts, voice recognition