Our client is the travel and entertainment navigator / guide software company. They currently have a requirement of a API Engineer. The position is 6+ months contract and in San Francisco, CA.
Job Description and Responsibilities
As the API Engineer, it will be his/her responsibility to attempt to resolve the questions after inspecting a feed processing work flow, grep'ing through logs, and running scripts or interacting with resources in a Python shell. Create a Jira ticket, communicate the issue to the backend engineers, and communicate a timeline and resolution path to the merchant or platform. Finally, the API Engineer should document the issue and resolution, and ensure all docs are up to date.
- Familiar with Python, and be able to run and debug Pinboard codebase with rare hand holding after one week warm up.
- Familiar with Java, and be able to run and debug Optimus codebase with rare hand holding after 1-2 weeks warm up.
- Familiar with SQL, and be able to run queries to answer merchant's data questions through our tool
- Given a merchant reported issue, he/she can debug independently to identify the particular line which caused the problem.
- Detail oriented and good communicator so that the engineering team can design and implement the solution thanks to the detailed context this person provided through a diligent investigation.
- Experience with triaging and troubleshooting technical products / platforms (ex. ad networks, Google Analytics, conversion tracking, APIs) for business customers with a client service mindset
- Data analysis skills to frame and break apart larger business problems and effectively build business cases to advocate technical solutions
- Passion for our mission, supporting businesses and improving the product experience
- Ability to thrive in fast paced, dynamic environment
- BS/BA degree required
Nice to have:
- Working knowledge of web development and common web publishing and e-commerce software; SQL, Python, REST, OAuth, Postman or other API support experience.
- Sorry no CTC candidates
- Local candidates strongly preferred
- Position is 6 months contract.
Since 2002 Maxonic has been at the forefront of connecting candidate strengths to client challenges. Our award winning, dedicated team of recruiting professionals are specialized by technology, are great listeners, and will seek to find a position that meets the long term career needs of our candidates. We take pride in the over 5,000 candidates that we have placed, and the repeat business that we earn from our satisfied clients.
Interested in Applying?
We can’t wait to see your resume! Please apply below with your most current resume. You should also feel free to email Medha Haridas (email@example.com) or call 408-648-2010