Our client provides data storage and management solutions to everyone from CERN to Formula One race teams.
They currently have a requirement for a Senior Software Engineer (C/C++) for a challenging and rewarding contract to hire position in Research Triangle Park, NC. This role is open for the Citizens, Green Card and GCEAD holder only
As a Sr. Software Engineer you will work as part of a team responsible for actively participating in driving product development and strategy. In addition, you will participate in activities that include testing and debugging of operating systems that run storage applications. As part of the Research and Development function, the overall focus of the group is on competitive market and customer requirements, supportability, technology advances, product quality, product cost and time-to-market. Software engineers focus on enhancements to existing products as well as new product development. Your OO design and C++ skills will contribute to completing user stories in an agile development environment.
- Responsible for unstructured tasks that have wide implications and where multiple outcomes must be driven to closure
- Apply broad expertise or unique technical/industry knowledge in solving problems that are unique and extremely complex considering time, budget and resource constraints
- Lead and work on complex projects with significant interaction with others; works or solves problems beyond own job function
- Demonstrate leadership and vision in determining and driving strategy decisions.
- Regularly act as a technical advisor to engineering management
- Present quality initiatives to larger audiences Interaction:
- Work and communicate effectively with staff to vice-president level employees within the function, across functions and with external parties
- Limited supervision is provided, as this individual can operate, drive results, and set priorities independently
- Work effectively with Technical Directors across Engineering
- Participate as a proactive contributor and subject matter expert across multiple business units
- Demonstrate favorable results through leadership and influencing multiple individuals and groups
- Act as mentor or facilitator, Supervise the technical activities of others
- Lead the design, verification and release of systems or major subsystems
- Strong OO design with C++ programming
- Participate in any and/or all phases of the product development cycle from product definition and design, through implementation including:
- Testing and/or Unit Testing
- Test automation
- Performance analysis
- Critical and/or high visibility customer support
- Understand the implications of new technology and how it can be applied to product design and product evolution
- Work on architecture, design and product definition that leads and influences decisions and outcomes related to project direction
- Act as a technical advisor and resource to other engineers and cross functional departments across Business Units
- Provide guidance and mentoring to more junior engineers
- Work with suppliers, partners or other external parties in product quality efforts as necessary
Coordinate the activities of other engineers, serve as a project lead, and/or recognized as an expert in a major technical area
- Strong OO design with C++ programming
- Proven experience in leading teams in software test planning, automation, documentation and process improvement
- Work collaboratively within a team of other engineers and have strong influencing and leadership skills
- Ability to estimate work completion required to build an overall predictable plan
- Strong understanding of concepts related to computer architecture, data structures and standard programming practices
- Work on very complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation
- Develop and drive longer-range project plans and schedules for individual, or work for a team
- A minimum of 12 years of experience is required
- A Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science, a Master Degree, or a PhD; or equivalent experience is required
- Demonstrated ability to have completed multiple, complex technical projects
- Contract to Hire
- Local to Research Triangle Park, NC candidates only
- NO CTC
Since 2002 Maxonic has been at the forefront of connecting candidate strengths to client challenges. Our award winning, dedicated team of recruiting professionals are specialized by technology, are great listeners, and will seek to find a position that meets the long term career needs of our candidates. We take pride in the over 5,000 candidates that we have placed, and the repeat business that we earn from our satisfied clients.
Interested in Applying?
We can’t wait to see your resume! Please apply below with your most current resume and anything else you’d like us to know about you – commute preferences, desired work environments, etc. We promise to get back to you within 24 hours. You should also feel free to email Nina Schindler (email@example.com) or call 408-739-4900 x 123.