Senior Network Administrator – JO#13371
Our client is a known discount retail powerhouse. They are dedicated to continuously improving the technologies used to make their business more efficient. In support of this effort, they have an immediate need for a Senior Network Administrator based in New York, NY for a Contract to Hire role.
The Senior Network Administrator is an experienced IT systems analyst responsible for administrating, monitoring and supporting enterprise level network infrastructure including WIFI. The individual is required to have a solid understanding of core networking and will be responsible for supporting the existing Buying Office environment as well as for assisting corporate IT with the implementation of new solutions. The role requires a solid understanding of enterprise networking including WAN, LAN, Wireless and IPT Telephony.
- Maintain network infrastructure hardware including ongoing software/firmware patches or upgrades and analysis following corporate standards and procedures.
- Work with managed service providers, telecommunication providers, and other infrastructure teams.
- Analyze network performance, reacting to operational performance, and business-wide network issues assisting resolution efforts.
- Provide metrics and reporting to management and business partners.
- Assist in the architecture process for new network & network security related solutions ensuring they are consistent with the business requirements and company standards.
- Implement corporate policies and procedures relative to WiFi and Network Access Control.
- Develop and implement Network designs following industry best practices while following direction and standards from corporate.
- Ensure that the environment is built per the corporate standards and compliance requirements.
- Resolve unique issues and follow the corporate approach for handling new IT service related issues and customer support requests.
- Resolve unique incidents and identify root causes of problems. Review incident and root cause reports.
- Plan real time configuration and monitoring of components of an enterprise IT environment on a day-to-day basis.
- Review detection and escalation activity and recommend improvement opportunities to management. Create standard practice for handling and resolving new events in the enterprise IT environment.
- At least 5 to 10 years of network admin experience with IT infrastructure project teams
- Experience leading teams of internal and external people
- Strong analytical ability, business acumen, judgment and problem-solving skills
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to lead project teams
- Ability to work with teams that are geographically distributed
- Some travel may be required
- Must be currently authorized to work in the US
- Potential Contract to Hire role
- Position location: New York, NY
- Local candidates strongly preferred/in-person interviews in NY
What’s in it for You:
- Competitive pay
- Great opportunity to enhance or solidify your skills
- Full benefits (medical, dental. Vision) if you become a permanent employee
- Ample opportunities for advancement in an environment that fosters collaboration, inspiration and innovation.
About the Client:
For over 30 years, this client has helped professionals learn and grow in a positive and diverse environment. Along the way, the company has grown to join the ranks of the Fortune 500, with locations nationwide.
Since 2002 Maxonic has been at the forefront of connecting candidate strengths to client challenges. Our award winning, dedicated team of recruiting professionals are specialized by technology, are great listeners, and will seek to find a position that meets the long term career needs of our candidates. We take pride in the over 5,000 candidates that we have placed, and the repeat business that we earn from our satisfied clients.
Interested in Applying?
We can’t wait to see your resume. Please apply below with your most current resume. You can contact Joseph Apodaca (firstname.lastname@example.org), 408-739-4900 x 121 to know more.
Key Words: Network administrator, IT systems, LAN, WAN, Wireless, IPT, enterprise networking, network infrastructure, access control, “network design”