Systems Architect - 13645
Our client is group is seeking technically savvy Scrum/System Architect to support multiple ongoing and future projects in a very fast paced environment using agile methodology. This position requires strong business system analysis skills, capability to translate business requirements into technical specifications, architecture and designs, design and the technology stack used, ability to serve as a subject matter expert in a particular domain with in media distribution. The position is based in El Segundo, CA.
- As a Scrum/System architect, provide overall technical leadership to the scrum teams
- Work closely with the scrum teams to identify any technical road blocks and help quickly resolve the blockers in a very fast paced environment
- Participate in planning, definition, and high-level design of the solution and explore solution alternatives
- Liaison between scrum teams and ART architects to help align to a common technological and architectural vision
- Actively participate in the Continuous Exploration process as part of the Continuous Delivery Pipeline, especially with Enabler Epics, Capabilities and Features
- Define subsystems and their interfaces; allocate responsibilities to subsystems; understand solution deployment, and communicate requirements for interactions with solution context
- Work with Customers, stakeholders, and Suppliers to establish high-level Solution Intent
- Establish critical Nonfunctional Requirements at the solution level
- Participate in PI Planning and Pre- and Post-PI Planning, System and Solution Demos, and Inspect and Adapt events
- Define, explore, and support the implementation of value stream and program Enablers to evolve solution intent; work directly with Agile Teams to implement, explore, or support them
- Plan and develop the Architectural Runway in support of upcoming business Features/Capabilities
- Assess the architecture options and come up with recommendations that are in-line with the strategic vision for the enterprise wide best practices
- Facilitate and lead in the evaluation and selection of commercial-off-the-shelf product evaluation, frameworks and open source platforms
- Proactively identify and suggest architectural improvements to as-is Systems
- Bachelor's degree (Engineering, Computer Science), Master's degree preferred
- 15+ years relevant experience as a Systems Engineer / Architect working in the Entertainment & Media industry
- Prior experience working in scrum teams as a scrum architect using agile methodology is a definite plus
- Experience in coming up with high-level architectural design and technology roadmaps
- Understanding of latest trends and technologies including mobile based applications preferred
- Excellent problem solving, critical thinking and analytical skills, with strong interpersonal skills with a proven ability to collaborate without guidance
- Leadership qualities, including ability to facilitate technical discussions with diverse and cross-functional groups and good negotiation skills. Ability to influence others with ideas and proposed architecture options
- Ability to work in a fastpaced environment with the ability to adapt and change priorities as the business needs change
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including ability to tailor communication to the target audience to achieve desired results
What’s in it for you?
- Experience in data collection, processing, reporting & analytics
- Understanding of device diagnostics, software download
- Understanding of streaming and downloading on Internet
- Understanding of mobile technologies (mobile phones, tablets)
- Experience in open source and cloud technologies is required.
- Experience in web services integration with platforms like web, smart phones, tablets is required. Set top box or over-the-top device experience is a plus.
About the Client:
This client has a passion for entertainment, technology and providing unparalleled customer experiences. They have a track record of continuous technological innovation that has maintained their standing as leaders in their industry. They have a vibrant, fast paced environment that is the perfect place for an enthusiastic engineer to thrive in.
Since 2002 Maxonic has been at the forefront of connecting candidate strengths to client challenges. Our award winning, dedicated team of recruiting professionals are specialized by technology, are great listeners, and will seek to find a position that meets the long term career needs of our candidates. We take pride in the over 5,000 candidates that we have placed, and the repeat business that we earn from our satisfied clients.
Interested in Applying?
Please apply below with your most current resume and anything else you’d like us to know about you – commute preferences, desired work environments, etc. We promise to get back to you within 24 hours. Feel free to email Poonam Malik (email@example.com) or call 408-739-4900 x 125.
Key Words: Video streaming, MPEG, Set top box, Systems Architect, Entertainment and Media.