Vulnerability Management Manager – 13905
Our client is a discount retail powerhouse based in the East Bay. They are dedicated to continuously improving the technologies used to make their business more efficient. In support of this effort, they have an immediate need for a Vulnerability Management Manager . This is a 6-month contract to Hire role at their Dublin, CA location .
- Responsible for managing the vulnerability management program; Understands the fundamental business activities performed by client and the IT infrastructure to evaluate the appropriate risk and recommend appropriate remediation solutions for identified vulnerabilities.
- Coordinate work efforts with other teams such as patch team, infrastructure management, security operations, governance & risk. Communicate project and operational metrics.
- Manage a staff of security architects, engineers and analysts, and prioritize project and operational work efforts.
- Develops action plans, schedules, budgets, status reports and other management communications intended to improve the vulnerability management program.
- Defines, develops and maintains strategic and tactical plans, negotiates projects, services and contracts with partners, service providers and consulting firms. Participates in strategic planning and annual budgeting process.
- Stays informed about the latest developments in the information security field, including new products and services, through on-line news services, technical magazines, professional association memberships, industry conferences, special training seminars, and other methods
- Manage a multi-million-dollar budget (capital and expense). Maintain relationships with vendors
- Monitors current and proposed laws, regulations (ie. PCI, SOX, HIPPA) and industry standards related to information security and privacy
- At least 10 to 15 years’ experience supporting IT systems, processes or capabilities
- Minimum of 10 years of progressive IT experience with at least 8 years in Information Technology security
- Minimum 5 years in supervisory position of security related staff
- A solid understanding of industry best practices for Vulnerability Management; specific demonstrated experience mapping business processes and comparing those processes to industry best practices
- Demonstrated project management experience
- Demonstrated ability to manage staff remotely, across multiple time zones
- Demonstrated ability to anticipate and handle critical situation, negotiating solutions and resolving conflicts
- Demonstrated ability to execute basic financial analysis, such as ROI
- Technically competent; able to supervise internal engineer, analysts, consultants and external vendor resources
- Undergraduate degree in information systems, computer science, or a related technical discipline
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), Certified Information Security Manager (CISM) or other Information Security related certification
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university
- Local candidates only
- 3-6-month contract to Hire
- Position location: Dublin, CA
Since 2002 Maxonic has been at the forefront of connecting candidate strengths to client challenges. Our award winning, dedicated team of recruiting professionals is specialized by technology, are great listeners, and will seek to find a position that meets the long-term career needs of our candidates. We take pride in the over 5,000 candidates that we have placed, and the repeat business that we earn from our satisfied clients.
Interested in Applying?
We can’t wait to see your resume! Please apply below with your most current resume and anything else you’d like us to know about you – commute preferences, desired work environments, etc. We promise to get back to you within 24 hours. Feel free to call Nina at 408-739-4900 x 123.