13940 - Senior Systems Engineer
Our direct client is one of the world's leading Robotics technology companies. They are currently in urgent need of an experienced Senior Systems Engineer. This Permanent role located in Newark, CA. Onsite interview needed.
· Administer and build the IT infrastructure – Servers/Storage/Network and Collaboration tools.
· Spearhead network, server, storage and virtualization projects - Identify areas of improvement and plan the implementations.
· Establish Storage Infrastructure, administer the VMWare Infrastructure, and Server Infrastructure.
· Install, configure, test, and maintain Operating Systems and ensure that the software updates are applied on a timely basis.
· Setup infrastructure monitoring – identify issues before they occur and implement preventative solutions to avoid future issues.
· Provide support to all infrastructure related issues on a timely basis.
· At least 6 years of previous experience with Network administration and Windows/Linux server administration. Fluent in Linux: RedHat, CentOS, or Ubuntu.
· Hands on experience in SAN/NAS storage technologies -Netapp/ Dell, Nimble.
· Proficiency in Networking - TCP/IP - Cisco Firewalls/Routers/VPN /Cisco and Brocade switches / Ubiquity Network Controllers /Wifi networks & In-depth knowledge of DNS principles and DHCP.
· Hands on experience with VMWare ESX solutions and administration -on Cisco UCS /Dell. Deep knowledge of VMware vCenter, HA, failover.
· Implement network monitoring- Nagios/Zenoss/PRTG/Splunk/Wireshark - identifying and eliminating bottlenecks and making performance-related recommendations (hardware, software, and configuration).
· Collaborate with team members to establish backup and DR solutions, implement encryption solutions.
· Familiarity with security issues and best practices in virtual environments
· Work with DevOps and Engineering to ensure that all Production systems are online and functioning at optimal capacity with little to no down time.
Bonus Points for:
· Experience with Windows Server for Active Directory and Exchange Mail, Office 365
· Database server management
· Experience with cloud phone system – like RingCentral/8X8
· Permanent Role
· Location: Newark, CA
· Onsite interview
Since 2002 Maxonic has been at the forefront of connecting candidate strengths to client challenges. Our award winning, dedicated team of recruiting professionals are specialized by technology, are great listeners, and will seek to find a position that meets the long-term career needs of our candidates. We take pride in the over 5,000 candidates that we have placed, and the repeat business that we earn from our satisfied clients.
Interested in Applying?
Please apply below with your most current resume and anything else you’d like us to know about you (US work authorization, current location, etc..)
Feel free to email Nina Schindler (firstname.lastname@example.org) or call 408-739-4900 x 123.