Executive Director of DevOps – 14094
Our direct client is a Fortune 500 software services company. They are currently in urgent need of an experienced Executive Director of DevOps. This is a Permanent position located in Las Vegas, Nevada.
This position will play a critical role in standing up and leading our DevOps CI/CD center of excellence along with other needs. This role also plays a critical role leading a team to improve our overall software quality, security, delivery, and operation through the advanced usage of automation. The DevOps CI/CD center of excellence will focus on building best practices, governance, frameworks, training and hands on coaching to assist software development teams in their maturity of DevOps, Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery process and skills.
The ideal candidate will have
- Results oriented leadership, get things done – with a history of success and the desire to help an organization evolve and grow.
- Demonstrated critical thinking - including abilities in analysis and problem-solving
- Strong emotional intelligence – self-awareness, confidence, ability to manage conflict, and empathy.
- Passion for technology, with an ability to understand and assess new technologies, and their potential applicability to business needs in an efficient, effective manner.
- Experience leading and managing people.
- A solid understanding and experience with Agile methodologies.
- Experience with design, development, and implementation of software solutions and the underlying infrastructure required to run and deploy the solutions.
- Automation experience for continuous integration and deployment.
- Technical skills and experiences with Amazon Web Services and/or Azure.
- Technical skills and experiences with CI CD tools like: Jenkins, Docker, Ansible, Chef, Puppet, etc.
- Technical skills and experiences with middleware and database systems that include Oracle.
- Capable of assisting in overcoming organizational impediments.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Experience building and maintaining highly effective relationships with team members and multiple stakeholders.
- Experience in standing up Centers of Excellence and Communities of Practice (and/or Guilds).
- Manage the budget, schedule, quality, cost, and resources for your team(s).
- Work closely and communicate with technology and business executives.
- Evaluate and manage vendor relationships as it relates to technical services being provided as well as software vendors supporting our organization.
- Demonstrate strong ability to collaborate with others to solve problems and determine an agreeable path forward that best meets short and long-term user needs and business objectives.
- Provide leadership and oversight for team(s) responsible for developing and implementing services and solutions associated with the Center of Excellence.
- Provide technical thought leadership, team mentoring, and direction throughout the COE lifecycle.
- Deliver work in line with the College Board Agile process.
- Define, develop, track, and radiate DevOps and CI/CD metrics for all software development teams.
- Define implementation patterns and recommended tools to deliver CI/CD.
- Facilitate workshops to help new teams understand DevOps and CI/CD principles and team roles and responsibilities
- Lead in the creation, delivery and strategy of DevOps and CI/CD Training to employees and contractors regarding College Board processes, tools, and policies
- Help teams with CI/CD planning and implementation, as well as provide ongoing Coaching support for new teams
- Provide ad hoc coaching to teams that have implemented DevOps and CI/CD but are in need of assistance to refine their processes
- Provide practical hands on mentoring to team members of existing software development teams
- Evolve and maintain the DevOps CI/CD Maturity model, assess team performance and maturity
- Support multiple teams at the same time and report recommendations directly to teams and to the COE for the establishment of best practices and standards for other teams
- Provide feedback to the COE on processes, policies, procedures, training, and tooling changes to better support the enterprise transformation for DevOps and CI/CD
- Lead and participate in DevOps CI/CD communities of practices
- Communicate value of DevOps CI/CD successes to others in the organization, including senior leadership
- Coach executives, managers, and business partners on DevOps CI/CD and their roles in the transformation.
- Prepare and/or update organization-wide artifacts and methodology documentation
Education/Years of Experience:
- A bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or MIS.
- 15 years of experience in software systems, programming, and infrastructure development and administration
- Minimum 5 years demonstrated experience automating continuous integration and continuous delivery pipelines
Related Skills and Other Requirements:
- Experience with Jira or CA’s Rally
- Experience with Distributed Service Standards (SOAP, REST, EJB)
- Experience with source code repositories (Git, SVN)
- Experience with automated testing tools (i.e. Selenium, Cucumber, JMeter, JUnit, nUnit etc.) are a plus
- Demonstrate hands-on competence in several programming languages and technologies, working knowledge of multiple tools sets, technologies and implementation environments
- Strong practical Linux based systems administration skills and scripting experience in a Cloud based environment
- Working knowledge of IP networking, VPNs, DNS, load balancing and firewalling
- Experience building infrastructure as code using, preferable using Terraform
- Experience with Chef, Puppet, Salt, or Ansible in production environments
- Management of continuous integration servers like Jenkins and Bamboo
- Experience as a DevOps engineer in a scalable production environment
· Permanent Role
· Location: Las Vegas, NV
· Onsite interview Preferred
Interested in Applying?
We can’t wait to see your resume! Please apply below with your most current resume and anything else you’d like us to know about you (US work authorization, current location, etc..) Feel free to email Mehnaz (firstname.lastname@example.org) or call 408-715-1210 x 102