Our direct client is one of the multinational biotechnology product development company. This Contract role located in Pittsburgh, PA.
- The Sr. BI Developer supports the Supply Chain business functions by leveraging technologies to drive continuous improvement within the organization.
- This team member designs, develops and maintains reports as well as applications that augment the overall data, business intelligence and reporting strategy of the Supply Chain.
- In addition this role acts as a mentor to less experienced developers and analysts to help build a world class Supply Chain Analytics team.
- Key Responsibilities Design, code, test, and document all new or modified applications, tools and programs utilizing software development best practices. Develops, monitors, and maintains ETL processes that extract, transform, and load data from the Data Warehouse and other data sources for use in Supply Chain applications.
- Prepare and deliver automated reports, recommendations, or alternatives that address existing and potential issues in systems across the Supply Chain.
- Troubleshoot and fix issues in existing business systems as needed.
- Coordinate and perform in-depth tests, including end-user reviews, for new systems and other post-implementation support.
- Provide training to end users for all modified and new business systems.
- Identifies and provides input to new technology opportunities that will have an impact on the Supply Chain BI systems.
- Perform analysis for a wide range of requests using data in different formats and from various platforms.
- Perform code reviews to provide feedback to other Supply Chain developers and analysts.
- Provide technical mentoring to other Supply Chain developers and analysts.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in one of the following: MIS, Computer Science, Information Systems, Information Sciences.
· A Bachelor's Degree in one of the following: MIS, Computer Science, Information Systems, Information Sciences 6+ years relevant experience as a BI Developer or Software Developer using the Microsoft Stack 6+ years of experience with T-SQL using Microsoft SQL Server (at least one of these versions: 2012, 2014, 2016, 2017) to build, UDFs, Stored Procedures, Views, Indexed Views and Tables Demonstrated experience applying database design principles using normalization and best practices Demonstrated experience utilizing the Systems Development Lifecycle (SDLC) Demonstrated experience with SSAS to create cubes to drive faster data analysis Demonstrated experience with SSIS for ETL operations Extensive experience with writing/designing BI reports using PowerBI, Crystal, SSRS, or MS Access VB.NET software development experience.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Additional Skills not required but beneficial Experience building client/server windows applications Experience with Power BI setup and architecture Using VBA and MS Access to connect to a SQL Server backend to build easy to use UIs Query tuning expertise utilizing execution plans and DMVs to leverage system information to improve performance Experience with SQL Server data partitioning Experience with Team Foundation Server or some other source control software Experience with SQL Server extended events. Prior work experience in problem solving, root cause analysis, and issue resolution.
Interested in Applying?
We can’t wait to see your resume! Please apply below with your most current resume and anything else you’d like us to know about you (US work authorization, current location, etc.) Feel free to email Santhosh Solomon (Santhosh.firstname.lastname@example.org) or call 408-715-1210 x 103