14455- UX Director
What we're looking for:
The Director, UX & Technical Communications will lead user experience and technical communications in support of products and business. We are looking for a candidate with leadership and a strong creative mindset who can manage a team of talented UX and technical communication individuals.
What you'll be doing:
- Own design process from research, through conceptual design
- Engage in user research and interviews
- Design completely new product features for users by identifying end-to-end experiences, gathering feedback and iterating on design solutions
- Participate in iterative process of delivering as well as critiquing designs to ensure effective and consistent design throughout
- Translate product usability into digital and online content
- Lead a team to partner with multiple stakeholders, including product managers, engineers, organizational leaders and other designers, in drafting and brainstorming/conceptualizing initial concepts
- Coordinate and deliver on multiple content and UX projects to completion
- Create workflows, personas, interaction flows/information architecture, low fidelity mock-ups and high-fidelity prototypes
What we value:
- 8+ years of experience in UX design and preferably technical documentation creation.
- Portfolio with a strong track record of executing the design process.
- Experience working in B2B and enterprise software.
- Proficient in design UX tools (Sketch, Figma, XD, InVision, etc…)
- Preferred familiarity, or having worked with content authoring and publishing tools (MadCap,/Flare, AsciiDoc)
- Strong interpersonal, written and communication skills.
- experience working in a collaborative team and directly with developers for implementation of designs or creation of content.
- Experience with resources such as pattern libraries and design systems
- Experience with Atlassian JIRA and Confluence
- Familiarity with Agile methodologies
- Fluency in best practices for information architecture and interaction design, user-centered design process, as well as strong knowledge of user experience principles and techniques.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Background in UX and preferably content creation for SaaS & Enterprise products, preferably in security or networking, using agile process. Proven track-record of success in bringing ideas from creation to execution
- Creative and innovative thinking skills
- Previous people management experience
- Strong written, verbal and presentation communication skills.
- Ability to take independent action and interact with varying levels of leadership across the organization and with internal and external clients
- Undergraduate degree required. MBA preferred
Location: San Jose, CA