Web analytics Developer
Duration 6-12 months
Bill rate $110/HR
H1 is ok
Albertsons-Safeway Company is one of the largest food and drug retailers with 2,300+ stores. The Albertsons-Safeway family of brands includes some of the most prominent brands in food retailing, with a growing base of loyal shoppers. Thanks to the professionalism, diversity, spirit and friendliness of our people, we have locations across the U.S.
The Application Development Department has an opening for a Web Analytics Developer. This position is located in Pleasanton, California.
This role requires the candidate to design, develop, and test Web Analytics implementations within Safeway’s web and mobile content, application, and eCommerce platforms. The candidate also needs to be able to support and maintain the web analytics capabilities for the content and back-end data warehouse platforms. Candidates with strong conceptual understanding of Web Analytics in general and hands-on experience in Adobe Analytics with exposure to Google Analytics in particular are encouraged to apply for this position.
Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Design and develop Omniture tagging for Safeway’s web and mobile digital platforms
• Build and execute tagging test cases to ensure that the appropriate metrics are being collected by Site Catalyst and fed into the enterprise data warehouse
• Optimize the reliability, accuracy, and flexibility of the information delivered by the Adobe / Omniture Site Catalyst web analytics solution in support of the Safeway Internet, eCommerce, and customer-facing web and mobile digital solutions
• Assist in the diagnosis of issues as they arise in the tagging of web pages, mobile apps, use of Site Catalyst data feeds, and integration into the corporate data warehouse
• Drive the integration of Site Catalyst and site tagging with the Ensighten/DTM enterprise tag management solution
• Drive the definition and implementation of standards for web analytics development
• Contribute to the definition of enterprise data warehouse requirements for web analytics reporting
• Develop and optimize data feeds from Site Catalyst to the Safeway data warehouse
• Drive collaboration sessions among IT and business groups to facilitate optimal tagging, reporting, and analytics capabilities in support of Safeway’s digital platforms
• Provide a leadership role in the evaluation and use of web analytics capabilities that allow Safeway to maximize insights into the use and effectiveness of its digital platforms
• Demonstrate an instrumental role in the implementation and adoption of web capabilities such as testing, targeting, and personalization
• Test Omniture tagging for mobile apps and web through standard debugging tools (Charles Proxy, Fiddler, etc.)
• Be a part of the Statistical Modeling evangelization tea
Qualifications (The following are preferred or desired unless specifically stated):
• Passionate about maintaining quality solutions and providing superior customer service
• Innovative thinker with a passion to solve challenging problems.
• 3 years of experience using Adobe / Omniture Site Catalyst for web site tagging, report generation, and data feeds is mandatory
• Debugging/Testing Omniture tagging on Mobile and Web Platforms is a must and ability to use DTM/Ensighten desirable.
• Experience writing SQL, preferably against Teradata and Oracle database desired
• Strong troubleshooting skills with an ability to quickly diagnose complex production issues
• Experience providing tagging and analytics for mobile applications mandatory
• Results oriented person with an ability to work well in a team or as an individual contributor
• Strong knowledge of eCommerce and web technology development practices, technology, and tooling is required; including: system flow analysis, debug of web logs, and web client troubleshooting tools
• Experience with Adobe / Omniture suite of products is a must
• Proven skills communicating across various levels of an organization
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, or equivalent work experience
• Knowledge of Base SAS 9.4, SAS Macros, PROCS, and Statistical Modeling is desirable