13534 – Sr. Media Technology Engineer
Our direct client is one of the world's leading global hospitality companies. They are currently in urgent need of an experienced Sr. Media Technology Engineer. This Permanent role located in Las Vegas, NV.
It is the primary responsibility of the Sr. Media Technology Engineer to design, manage, install, configure, and maintain all Media Technology hardware systems and software applications. This is a hands-on position that requires a team player mentality, and involves closely working with staff and managers to support new project initiatives. The position offers the opportunity to work in a cutting edge and fast paced technological environment.
The right individual for this role will be a motivated and energetic engineer who enjoys finding solutions to various advanced hardware challenges and takes great pride in his or her work.
On site construction management is a primary responsibility of this position and the candidate must be proficient with current construction management and documenting processes. This position requires oversite of construction trades and technology integrators directly related to audiovisual entertainment technology. This individual will be responsible for managing and directing skilled Union Trades and General Contractors.
Travel is a requirement for this position to maintain oversight of the Media Technology Systems.
- Design, Manage, install Audiovisual and Digital Signage systems to support our guests experience.
- Proficient in theater and performance technology; including but not limited to Audio, Video, Lighting and Rigging.
- Monitor and support all Media Technology systems.
- Anticipate and solve system issues quickly and effectively under pressure.
- Anticipate and solve problems in Mac OS X, Mac iOS, Windows OS environments
- Daily / weekly travel for installations, repairs, maintenance and meetings
- Organize and maintain Media Technology Service archives, libraries, inventory, and drawings
- Track and support service requests to provide timely service for customers.
- Work with other departments (e.g. engineering, IT, tech services) and technology partners when needed to complete tasks and support Media Technology hardware project initiatives .
- Take ideas and direction from the Director and Media Tech Architect, and apply them through the entire project life cycle.
- Have strong organizational skills to manage multiple timelines and complete tasks quickly within the constraints of timelines and budgets.
- Fully understand department job processes and procedures.
- Understand Design and Construction workflows and procedures.
- Strong understanding for large ip networks.
- Perform other job related duties as assigned
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
Minimum 5 years of experience operating, maintaining, and designing audiovisual systems for commercial, gaming, hospitality, Theatre, Live Production and residential environments.
Minimum 3 years of experience diagnosing and solving problems in Mac OS X / Mac iOS, / Unix / Linux environments, and some background in Windows OS
Strong knowledge of audio / video equipment and associated cabling standards
High School diploma or equivalent
Ability to communicate effectively in English, in both written and oral forms
Proficient use of Microsoft’s Office Software; Outlook, Excel, Word
Proof of eligibility to work in the United States
Experience in live entertainment production and operations.
Knowledgeable with the installation, setup and operation of digital audio transport methods; Cobra-net, Dante, AVB, Madi, Opticore.
2-year degree or equivalent experience
ACMT and ACSP Apple Certification
Infocomm Certification CTS-D or CTS-!
Crestron / AMX Control system certification
BSS / Media Matrix / Audio DSP hardware and software experience
Previous experience working in a similar resort setting
- Knowledge of Mac OS X, Mac iOS, Linux and Windows operating systems
- Working knowledge of appropriate file formats
- Basic knowledge of drafting software: AutoCAD and Visio
- Understanding of Multimedia content management systems, internet/intranet technologies, networking, SNMP monitoring and security
- Experience using AirWatch or other MDM solutions and Apple Configurator
- Experience using FWI Content Manager
- Knowledge of IPTV terminology and basic IT / AV networking equipment.
- Experience with IPTV Encoders and Decoders
- Knowledge of Multicast / Uni-cast traffic; H.264, Mpeg2, Mpeg4, Cobra-net, Dante, AVB
- Ability to use industry standard troubleshooting tools
- Physical ability to access all areas of the facility, withstand prolonged standing, stretching, bending, kneeling, lifting and carrying items weighing at least 70 lbs. without restriction
- Must be able to travel off property when representing the company for extended periods of time.
- Availability to work hours outside of a normal workweek, which may include, but are not limited to: holidays, mornings, evenings and weekends along with the ability to be on call support utilizing company issued laptop and phone.
- Must have a high level of dedication and be able to take direction from superiors.
- Must possess strong work ethic and make difficult decisions.
- Must be able to work effectively when not directly supervised
- Excellent organizational skills to function effectively under time constraints and within established deadlines with attention to detail
- Must have interpersonal skills to deal effectively with all business contacts.
- Maintain a professional, neat and well-groomed appearance
Location: Las Vegas, Nevada
Since 2002 Maxonic has been at the forefront of connecting candidate strengths to client challenges. Our award winning, dedicated team of recruiting professionals are specialized by technology, are great listeners, and will seek to find a position that meets the long term career needs of our candidates. We take pride in the over 5,000 candidates that we have placed, and the repeat business that we earn from our satisfied clients.
Interested in Applying?
Send us your resume, ASAP! Please apply below with your most current resume and anything else you’d like us to know about you – commute preferences, desired work environments, etc. We promise to get back to you within 24 hours. Feel free to email Bhavya Aluri firstname.lastname@example.org or call 408-739-4900 x 118.