Our client is a premier multinational biotechnology corporation focused on improving the human condition through systems, consumables, and services for researchers. They currently have a requirement for a Senior Storage Engineer. The position is located in Pittsburgh, PA
The ideal Senior Storage Engineer will possess the following experience:
- Designing, documenting, and implementing storage solutions for large enterprises
- Knowledge and demonstrated experience required with Symmetrix DMX, VMAX, VMAXe, VNX, VNXe Celerra, Isilon and CLARiiON storage arrays, Brocade and Cisco switches Fabric Manager, Cisco Data Center Manager, UCS, UCS Chassis Manager and Fabric Inter Connects, VMWARE 4 – 5, Hitachi/VSP, and NetApp Filers
- Understanding of latest technologies like Fast VP, Navisphere, Unisphere, VPLEX, FAST etc.
- Experience with automation, the cloud, replication, software defined storage (SDS), DR and tools like VIPER, Scale I/O
- Developing and executing test plans to verify infrastructure and system performance
- Design and maintenance experience with data refresh strategies
- Proficient in the concepts of zoning, disk grouping, LUN presentation, SAN performance analysis and tuning, storage connectivity troubleshooting
- 5+ years Storage Administrator experience.
Knowledge and demonstrated experience preferred in the following areas:
- SAN experience includes implementation of Multi-Tier level storage environment based on the business requirement
- Multi-switch SAN Fabric using Brocade and Cisco switches Used Web tools, CLI, Fabric Manager, Device Manager for switch management
- Load balancing using multi-pathing software (PowerPath). PV Links NDMP
- Expert ability to troubleshoot issues and make recommendations for system changes, as needed, to resolve issues
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or software engineering. EMC certifications preferred
- Hands on experience integrating EMC Storage Arrays with various Operating Systems like Windows, Solaris, Red Hat, VMware and AIX
- Evaluate the environment, make recommendations and execute a plan they are key in designing.
- Candidates must be currently authorized to work in the US for any employer.
- Contract position
- Local candidates strongly preferred.
Since 2002 Maxonic has been at the forefront of connecting candidate strengths to client challenges. Our award winning, dedicated team of recruiting professionals are specialized by technology, are great listeners, and will seek to find a position that meets the long-term career needs of our candidates. We take pride in the over 5,000 candidates that we have placed, and the repeat business that we earn from our satisfied clients.
Interested in Applying?
Feel free to email Kanchan Raghatate firstname.lastname@example.org or contact by phone at 408-739-4900 ext.106.