Scientist – JO#13586
Location: Austin Texas
Our client is a premier multinational biotechnology corporation focused on improving the human condition through systems, consumables, and services for researchers. They currently have a requirement for a Scientist I. The position is located in Austin Texas.
- As a bench scientist, the candidate will independently perform laboratory experiments and analyze the results by applying her/his knowledge in molecular biology.
- Will need to maintain complete and thorough documentation required to meet QSR Design Control, as well as other international standards (e.g., ISO compliance, GLP/GMP requirements, etc.).
- Needs to be self-motivated, capable of multi-tasking and able to ensure focused and timely execution of projects.
- The candidate must be skilled in basic molecular biology techniques: qPCR and multiplex PCR, DNA and RNA isolation and characterization.
- The successful candidate will be able to work as part of a team and enthusiastically help others on the team achieve their goals on time.
- May be required to perform other related duties as required and/or assigned.
- A strong work ethic to generate high quality data under tight deadlines in a fast-pace environment, collaborative and proactive attitude a must.
- Degree in biochemistry, microbiology, molecular biology, or related degree.
- BS + 1 year relevant experience
- Candidates must be currently authorized to work in the US for any employer.
- Contract position
- Local candidates strongly preferred.
What’s in it for you?
- When your part of the team, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe.
- Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
- Help contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Since 2002 Maxonic has been at the forefront of connecting candidate strengths to client challenges. Our award winning, dedicated team of recruiting professionals are specialized by technology, are great listeners, and will seek to find a position that meets the long-term career needs of our candidates. We take pride in the over 5,000 candidates that we have placed, and the repeat business that we earn from our satisfied clients.
Interested in Applying?
Feel free to email Vishnu Rajeev (Vishnu.email@example.com)
Key Words: Diagnostics, IVD assays, QSR Design Control, molecular, microbiology, biochemistry, PCR, DNA, RNA.