Scientist in Molecular Biology– JO#13648
Location: Austin Texas.
Our client is a premier multinational biotechnology corporation focused on improving the human condition through systems, consumables, and services for researchers. They currently have a requirement for a Scientist in Molecular Biology. The position is located in Austin Texas.
We need a Scientist with molecular biology background to support experimental work on new project initiatives.
The candidate is expected to contribute to the development of new microarray based products. The individual will execute experiments under supervision in a team environment. Data generation and analysis with advanced software will require continuous learning.
- Performs laboratory experiments using molecular biology techniques such as PCR, molecular inversion probe-based assays, and agarose gel electrophoresis
- Operates instrumentation for processing microarrays
- Generates and presents data
- Conducts computer-based data analysis
- Follows the product development process
- Participates in process and operation improvement opportunities
- Complies with company quality management systems, policies and procedures
- Additional duties/responsibilities assigned according to business needs
- BS in biological sciences
- 1-3 years’ work experience in industry is preferred but not required
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Excellent organizational and record keeping skills
- Capable of multi-tasking and good time management
- Flexible with changing plans and schedules
- Good oral and written communication skills
Working Conditions/Physical Requirements
General laboratory and office environment, prolonged standing/walking and sitting positions are sometimes required for conducting experiments, data analysis.
- Candidates must be currently authorized to work in the US for any employer.
- Contract position
- Local candidates strongly preferred.
What’s in it for you?
- When your part of the team, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe.
- Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
- Help contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Since 2002 Maxonic has been at the forefront of connecting candidate strengths to client challenges. Our award winning, dedicated team of recruiting professionals are specialized by technology, are great listeners, and will seek to find a position that meets the long-term career needs of our candidates. We take pride in the over 5,000 candidates that we have placed, and the repeat business that we earn from our satisfied clients.
Interested in Applying?
Feel free to email Vishnu Rajeev (Vishnu.email@example.com)
Key Words: Microsoft Office, in biological sciences, Molecular biology, PCR, qPCR.