Compliance Specialist– JO#13654
Location: San Jose, Ca
Our client is a premier multinational biotechnology corporation focused on improving the human condition through systems, consumables, and services for researchers. They currently have a requirement for a Compliance Specialist. The position is located in San Jose, CA.
Working with our Compliance Engineer, our Document Control group, and contacts at designated suppliers, to document compliance with the REACH directive. Review part documentation identified in product Bills of Material (BOMs); identify and contact suppliers for REACH compliance statements. Edit component specification sheets (internal data sheets) to update/include supplier REACH I compliance statements. Write and process Engineering Change Orders in order to revise the updated component specification sheets.
This individual will be required to effectively interface with QA, Engineering, Compliance Engineering, and technical personnel at suppliers’ facilities. Effective verbal and written communication skills are required.
- Direct, hands-on experience with electronic documentation systems and Document Control processes for high tech companies.
- Knowledge of electrical/electronic and mechanical component parts and familiarity with suppliers and their websites is a strongly recommended.
- Experience using Product Center or similar PLM/PDM systems required.
- Experience using ERP systems required; specifically work with SAP is a plus. Ability to perform accurate data entry, and clearly document progress on the project. Proficiency with MS Office including Excel, and Adobe Acrobat are required.
Required previous experience:
- New part creation and revision, writing and processing Engineering Changes.
- Generation of weekly progress reports compiled in Excel.
- Knowledge and previous experience working with European Union Environmental directives such as RoHS and REACH required.
- Ability to work with limited supervision.
- Ability to multi-task and work cross functionally.
- Must be process oriented and detail oriented.
- Work experience in ISO 13485, 9000, and/or FDA environment preferred.
- Candidates must be currently authorized to work in the US for any employer.
- Contract position
- Local candidates strongly preferred.
What’s in it for you?
- When your part of the team, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe.
- Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
- Help contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Since 2002 Maxonic has been at the forefront of connecting candidate strengths to client challenges. Our award winning, dedicated team of recruiting professionals are specialized by technology, are great listeners, and will seek to find a position that meets the long-term career needs of our candidates. We take pride in the over 5,000 candidates that we have placed, and the repeat business that we earn from our satisfied clients.
Interested in Applying?
Feel free to email Vishnu Rajeev (Vishnu.firstname.lastname@example.org)
Key Words: PLM/PDM, ISO 13485, 9000, and/or FDA, Compliance Engineer, ERP, RoHS, REACH.