Computer Operator - 13667
Our client is one of largest retailers in the world. Yet their IT department is nimble and dynamic, and works with cutting edge technologies. They are currently in need of a Computer Operator to work as part of a team on multiple high visibility projects. This position is contract and is at their Phoenix, AZ facility.
Midrange Computer Operator for Data Center Operations. This position is responsible for operating midrange infrastructure and applications in the Deer Valley Data Center. This role will be a rotating shift role to support Albertsons Companies 24/7 operation. Additionally, the Midrange Operator will be supporting the merger effort.
- Proactively monitor across multiple desks, fulfilling the following job duties throughout the day and night. o On Demand Requests (ODRs) – Meet service level agreement of processing ODR within 20 minutes.
- Respond and monitor over 2000+ production servers, ensuring systems and applications are running as designed.
- Escalate, drive for resolution in all Service Restoration efforts.
- Work closely with Netbackup team to support backup infrastructure and successful backups of all critical systems.
- Provide 1st level support and resolve 90% of all incidents that are either routed or auto opened to our queue. These tickets range from servers not responding to applications experiencing issues, etc.
- Monitor, participate, and create changes to ensure all systems are available within the Data Center.
- 2-4 years college; Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science preferred
- 2-4 years of related IT work experience in a similar role
- 2-4 years Unix support and administration experience
- 2-4 years Windows support and administration experience knowledge of UNIX, Linux and Windows NT commands and architecture
- Capability to work effectively across multiple platforms at different Technical skill levels: Unix- Windows-Mainframe-Tandem
- Must be currently authorized to work in the US
- Position type: 12 Months Contract
- Position location: Phoenix, AZ
What’s in it for You:
- Competitive pay for contact and permanent position, with excellent stability and opportunity for growth.
- Great opportunity to enhance or solidify your skills with an excellent, diverse and experienced team.
- Work on multiple projects allows you to get experience with a variety of technologies and teams.
About the Client:
This client has a strong reputation as a responsible corporate citizen and has long been committed to improving the quality of life in the communities they serve. With numerous training programs and outlets for development, they ensure that employees are continually strengthening their skill set and developing as individuals. Their facilities are modern, clean and comfortable.
Since 2002 Maxonic has been at the forefront of connecting candidate strengths to client challenges. Our award winning, dedicated team of recruiting professionals are specialized by technology, are great listeners, and will seek to find a position that meets the long term career needs of our candidates. We take pride in the over 5,000 candidates that we have placed, and the repeat business that we earn from our satisfied clients.
Interested in Applying?
We can’t wait to see your resume. Please apply below with your most current resume and anything else you’d like us to know about you. We will get back to you within 24 hours. Feel free to email Bhavya Aluri (firstname.lastname@example.org) or call 408-739-4900 x 118.