IT Manager Security Delivery – JO# 13696
Our client is a discount retail powerhouse based in the East Bay. They are dedicated to continuously improving the technologies used to make their business more efficient. In support of this effort, they have an immediate need for an IT Manager Security Delivery.
Responsible for evaluation, selection and implementation of solutions to address current and future business needs. Internal business consultant in the support of the company’s IT capabilities and services. Highly visible role with IT executives and directly interface with the business community.
Manage project delivery resources of security architects, engineers, analysts and operators, and prioritize project and operational work efforts.
Coordinate project delivery efforts with other teams such as security operations, network operations/architecture, governance & risk, technology engineering. Communicate project and operational metrics. Ensure that new designs meet those standards. Interprets information security and compliance requirements and develops plans to align company security infrastructure to those requirements
Coordinate strategic and tactical plans, projects, service transition and contracts.
Serve as project delivery issue escalation and communication point for security delivery challenges.
Assist with management of a multi-million dollar budget (capital and expense). Maintain relationships with vendors
QUALIFICATIONS AND SPECIAL SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Minimum of 5 years of progressive IT experience
- Minimum 3 years in supervisory position of security related staff/projects
- Demonstrated project management experience
- Demonstrated ability to manage staff remotely, across multiple time zones
- Demonstrated ability to anticipate and handle critical situation, negotiating solutions, resolving conflicts, and driving projects to completion
- Demonstrated ability to execute basic financial analysis, such as ROI
- Technically competent; able to supervise internal programmers, analysts, consultants and external vendor resources
- Undergraduate degree in information systems, computer science, or a related technical discipline
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university
- Professional Characteristics/Motivators:
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills; outstanding listening skills
- Good understanding and knowledge of End-point/Host security concepts, processes and general trends in the industry
- Experience with delivery of specific technologies to secure endpoint systems i.e., anti-malware, advanced threat detection, security incident & event management(SIEM), behavior analytics, mobile device management(MDM) security
- Experience architecting. designing, building Host infrastructure; leading or participating in their day-to-day project delivery activities;
- Conceptual and practical understanding of IT Infrastructure designs, technologies, products, and services. This should include knowledge of networking protocols, operating systems, databases, encryption, and other technologies.
Contract to Hire
Position location: Dublin, CA
Local candidates only
What’s in it for You:
Great opportunity to enhance or solidify your skills
Full benefits (medical, dental. Vision)
Ample opportunities for advancement in an environment that fosters collaboration, inspiration and innovation.
About the Client:
For over 30 years, this client has helped professionals learn and grow in a positive and diverse environment. Along the way, the company has grown to join the ranks of the Fortune 500, with locations nationwide.
Since 2002 Maxonic has been at the forefront of connecting candidate strengths to client challenges. Our award winning, dedicated team of recruiting professionals are specialized by technology, are great listeners, and will seek to find a position that meets the long term career needs of our candidates. We take pride in the over 5,000 candidates that we have placed, and the repeat business that we earn from our satisfied clients.
Interested in Applying?
Feel free to reach Joseph (firstname.lastname@example.org), or call 408-739 4900 x 121. Thanks!