Our Direct Client is Santa Clara, CA is looking for the Junior NOC Engineer to fulfill 6+ months contract role. Please apply with yoru resume to Lydia Vasilyeva (email@example.com) or call 408-4002303
- Work weekdays or weekends with a flexibility of covering the night shifts Monitor NOC alarms and email/phone queues and make sure no email or customer inquiry goes amiss
- Serve as a NOC engineer to bridge day and night shifts.
- Provide technical, system, and process training for the night shift team members. Coordinate the completion of network maintenance, migration, and audit projects by the night shift.
- Provide leadership on handling network incidents.
- Coordinate the completion of NOC trouble tickets and escalations in a timely manner.
- Be a technical subject matter expert and escalation point network troubleshooting and network provisioning service turn-up activities. Help produce and coordinate the completion of NOC documentation.
Qualifications & Experience
- Experience working in a 24x7 NOC or equivalent network support environment. Familiar with NOC tools, ticketing systems, and escalation procedures.
- Strong network troubleshooting skills with a keen analytical and structured approach to problem solving. Strong communication skills.
- IP routing and Ethernet troubleshooting skills.
- Experience troubleshooting Ethernet switching, SONET, DWDM, spanning tree, HSRP, and IP routing in multi-vendor environment. Experience using access lists, packet filtering, and troubleshooting tools such as ping, traceroute, whois, and tcpdump.
- Basic Unix skills. Cisco router, Ethernet switching, and ASA troubleshooting experience. BGP and OSPF routing configuration and troubleshooting experience preferred
Certifications applicable to the work such as CCNP or CCNA