13817 – Scrum Master
Our client is a leader in global payment services. They are very innovative in developing new ways to send money through digital, mobile, and retail channels, with an array of convenient pay-out options to meet business and consumer needs. They are looking for a Scrum Master to work from their San Francisco, CA location for a 6+month contract or contract to hire opportunity.
Skills and Responsibilities:
- 10+ years of IT experience with at least 5 Years of running large scale distributed Agile teams focused on business outcome.
- Has extensive experience as a ‘Coach’ transforming organizations that are traditionally a Waterfall shop
- Leads the Scrum teams with a well-defined software development life cycle process but yet focused on meeting business delivery based on roadmap.
- Assess the Scrum Maturity of the team and organization and coach the team to higher levels of maturity, at a pace that is sustainable and comfortable for the team and the organization
- Facilitate discussion, decision making, and conflict resolution
- Oversee Agile activities:
- Daily stand-up (scrum) meetings
- Sprint retrospectives
- Backlog grooming/refinement
- Backlog sizing, Story Points
- Sprint planning
- Understands and uses a variety of techniques to continuously optimize team participation and engagement.
- Support and educate product management/owners and the team, especially with respect to refining (aka grooming) and managing the product backlog.
- Assist with internal and external communication and improving transparency by creating visible information (burn-downs, velocity chart etc.…), dashboards and demos
- Guide both the Scrum Team and the Development team on self-organizing to fill in the intentional gaps left in the Agile/Scrum framework
- Certified SCRUM Master (CSM), Certified SCRUM Product Owner a plus
- Has hands on experience configuring Jira, Kanban boards, Jira work flow, Confluence and other Agile ALM tools such as Sub-version.
- Candidates must be currently authorized to work in the US
- Contract: 3-6 months contract to hire
- Location: San Francisco, CA
- W2 or C2C
Since 2002 Maxonic has been at the forefront of connecting candidate strengths to client challenges. Our award winning, dedicated team of recruiting professionals are specialized by technology, are great listeners, and will seek to find a position that meets the long-term career needs of our candidates. We take pride in the over 5,000 candidates that we have placed, and the repeat business that we earn from our satisfied clients.
Interested in Applying?
We can’t wait to see your resume. Feel free to directly email Shruti (email@example.com) or call 408-739-4900 x 105.
Keywords: Sum, Jira, Agile, Waterfall