14514 – Lead Release Automation Engineer
Our client, one of the world’s leading global hospitality companies, is seeking to fulfill a full-time permanent role for a Lead Release Automation Engineer. The position is based in Las Vegas, NV
The Lead Release Automation Engineer will apply advanced automation skills in establishing and maintaining a continuous integration and continuous deployment environment in a mixed on-prem and cloud environment. The position will lead the enhancement of the release build, integration and deployment process of internal developed software and COTS as a senior member of the Release Automation Group. All duties are to be performed in accordance with departmental and company’s policies, practices and procedures.
· Lead and develop the CI and CD environment
· Lead the development of the CI/CD tools
· Continuously improve automation scripts.
· Manage and support QA and PreProd server environment in conjunction with the COTS Release Management group
· Direct Release deployment activities between multiple departments.
· Evaluate and make recommendations to the Release Management team with automation knowledge and scripts for COTS software
· Manage relationships between Development, Test, OPS and PMO on a daily basis.
· Lead and evaluate progress to ensure releases are delivered on time and within expectations.
· At least 5 years of technical experience as Release Automation Engineer (including design and estimation) or equivalent experience; which includes, at least 2 years of experience in software development
· Advanced experience with Jenkins and workflows in a mixed on-prem and cloud environment, or experience with other build orchestration tools
· Experience that includes customizing Subversion and Git/GITHUB
· Experience that includes Docker container technologies
· Experience with Ansible (Windows and Linux)
· Experience that includes cloud technologies (either AWS or Azure).
· Excellent customer service skills
· Have interpersonal skills to deal effectively with all business contacts.
· Professional appearance and demeanor
· Work varied shifts, including weekends and holidays
· High school diploma or equivalent
· Able to effectively communicate in English, in both written and oral forms
Since 2002 Maxonic has been at the forefront of connecting candidate strengths to client challenges. Our award winning, dedicated team of recruiting professionals is specialized by technology, is great listeners, and will seek to find a position that meets the long term career needs of our candidates. We take pride in the over 5,000 candidates that we have placed, and the repeat business that we earn from our satisfied clients.