Lead Security Engineer – JO# 14783
Our client is a discount retail powerhouse based in the East Bay. They are dedicated to continuously improving the technologies used to make their business more efficient. In support of this effort, they have a need for a Security Engineer / Architect. This position is a Contract to hire and based out of their office in Pleasanton, CA office.
The Security Engineer is responsible for working within a multi-disciplined team to provide expertise on network, infrastructure and application vulnerability scanning, analysis and reporting. This role will evaluate any identified vulnerability for exploitability using several testing techniques.
• Responsible for executing network and infrastructure vulnerability scans, working with cross-functional teams to evaluate the appropriate risk, recommend appropriate remediation solutions for identified vulnerabilities and track remediation.
• Responsible for maintaining and categorizing inventory of assets to be scanned.
• Responsible for maintaining vulnerability scan tools, integration with various intelligence feeds and downstream workflow management tools and automation of scanning and reporting.
• Monitors current and proposed laws, regulations (ie. PCI, SOX, HIPAA) and industry standards related to vulnerability management
• At least 8 to 12 years’ experience supporting IT systems, processes or capabilities
• Five years of Information Technology Security, at least 3 with large enterprise organizations
• A solid understanding of industry best practices for Vulnerability Management; specific demonstrated experience mapping business processes and comparing those processes to industry best practices
• Excellent understanding of network, system and application security
• Knowledge of OWASP framework and application security best practices
• Knowledge of various vulnerability scanning solutions, scripting and automation
- Must be currently authorized to work in the US
- Position location: Pleasanton, CA
- Local candidates only – must attend onsite interview
Since 2002 Maxonic has been at the forefront of connecting candidate strengths to client challenges. Our award winning, dedicated team of recruiting professionals is specialized by technology, are great listeners, and will seek to find a position that meets the long term career needs of our candidates. We take pride in the over 5,000 candidates that we have placed, and the repeat business that we earn from our satisfied clients.
Interested in Applying?
Please apply below with your most current resume. You can contact Nina Schindler at 408-400-2299 (firstname.lastname@example.org)