Senior Storage Engineer - JO #15159
Our client is one of the multinational computer software company focused on Multimedia & Creativity. They currently have need for Senior Storage Engineer to work from their San Jose, CA office.
- Design/Architect/Implement and manage cost effective, high performance, highly available and scalable storage solutions for business applications using Hitachi SAN arrays, Brocade fabric switches, etc.
- Understand the storage marketplace and utilize unique technologies across storage and fabric vendors to design multi-vendor storage solutions based on Adobe business requirements.
- Analyze and resolve problems involving interaction between applications, server hardware/firmware/OS and storage by working with cross functional teams and equipment vendors.
- Support Hitachi storage systems by responding to incidents, restoring service as quickly as possible, and investigating root causes for outages and maintaining incident logs.
- Contribute to a variety of documentation such as strategies, plans, designs, configuration standards, metrics, etc.
- Troubleshoot issues directly or indirectly related to storage systems from an end to end perspective.
- Manage, monitor and optimize enterprise wide storage capacity to ensure available capacity where expected.
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in storage administration.
- Candidates should have prior extensive experience working in a large SAN production support & mission critical environment.
- Experience with architecting, deploying and managing high end and midrange storage platforms like Hitachi Data Systems G series (G600, G800, G1000), VSP’s, HUS etc.
- Brocade Fabric Switches (DCX series)
- Solid understanding and hands-on experience with Hitachi Universal Replicator, Shadow Image, Hitachi Dynamic provisioning, Universal Volume Manager are required.
- Hands-on experience with SAN storage management product, Hi-command device manager, tuning manager will be required.
- Hands-on experience in designing and implementing Fiber channel SAN fabrics with Brocade DCX switches and solid understanding of FC protocol in general will be required.
- Solid experience with volume management software and file systems i.e. Veritas Volume Manager, DMP, VxFS and other multi-pathing software across heterogeneous operating systems.
- Strong exposure and hands on experience with IBM AIX, Solaris, Linux, VMware and Windows operating systems.
- Exposure to IBM p8xx, VIO, LPARS, NPIV preferred.
- Knowledge of different disk and file systems performance measuring and benchmarking tools.
- Hands-on experience of Veritas clustering, RAC or other High availability solutions.
- Shell scripting experience will be an extra advantage.
- A prior experience in supporting ERP, Oracle, CRM, DW and other enterprise applications system & storage infrastructure will be plus.
- Candidates must be currently authorized to work in the US
- W2 Contract position
- Locals only
Since 2002 Maxonic has been at the forefront of connecting candidate strengths to client challenges. Our award winning, dedicated team of recruiting professionals are specialized by technology, are great listeners, and will seek to find a position that meets the long-term career needs of our candidates.
Interested in Applying?
We can’t wait to see your resume! Please apply below with your most current resume and anything else you’d like us to know about you – commute preferences, desired work environments, etc. We promise to get back to you within 24 hours. You should also feel free to email Seema Jadhav (email@example.com) or call 408-400-2303.