15284 – Sr. SRE / Linux Engineer
Our client is worldwide leader in information technologies with products that include hardware, software and services. They have a requirement for a Sr. SRE / Linux Engineer to work in their Englewood, CO facility. This is a Full-time Permanent role and prefers candidate who are local to the job location or willing to relocate.
- Automation of processes and task
- Provide technical solutions to a wide range of problems and user requests through an established IT ticketing system.
- Install, configure and maintain various Linux flavors (Suse, Redhat, CentOS, Scientific Linux, Ubuntu etc.) and associated applications. strongly prefer Redhat
- Perform standard administration tasks (packaging, OS installs, patch management)
- Provide Linux/UNIX support to IT infrastructure and Engineering users
- Develop custom scripts to automate the Linux/UNIX infrastructure
- Position requires communicating with different functional groups like Engineering, IT and Vendors.
- 5-10+ years SRE/Devops/systems engineer/administration experience
- 5-10+ years as Linux admin/ engineer. Ideally strong in REDhat linux
- experience with AWS/ Azure/ Google cloud
- Satellite Server expertise HIGHLY desirable, but not mandatory
- F5 highly desirable
- Strong scripting - python, shell, perl. VBscript
- Comfortable with the Linux or UNIX CLI
- Installs, configures and maintains system applications including SSH, TCP/IP, FTP, NIS, NFS, CIFS and Samba
- General understanding of Linux internals (system calls, file systems, processes, etc)
- Apply OS patches and upgrades on a regular basis. Configure / add new services as necessary.
- Create and update documents on operation, configuration, or other procedures.
- Experience on iSCSI, NFS and CIFS implementation and configuration
- Perform ongoing performance tuning, hardware upgrades, and resource optimization as required. Configure CPU, memory, and disk partitions as required.
- Permanent or Contract to hire role, W2 payments terms ONLY
- Location: Englewood, CO
Since 2002 Maxonic has been at the forefront of connecting candidate strengths to client challenges. Our award winning, dedicated team of recruiting professionals are specialized by technology, are great listeners, and will seek to find a position that meets the long term career needs of our candidates. We take pride in the over 5,000 candidates that we have placed, and the repeat business that we earn from our satisfied clients.
Interested in Applying?
We’d love to hear from you! Please click apply with your most current resume and anything else you’d like us to know about you. You should also feel free to email Nina Schindler (firstname.lastname@example.org) or call 408-400-2299