Our client is the travel and entertainment navigator / guide software company. They currently have a requirement for “Big Data Engineer”. This is 12 months contract W2 role at San Francisco, CA.
- Improve big data pipeline efficiencies and perform performance tuning for user queries, complex query plan analysis, configuration settings, optimization, using technologies like Spark, MapReduce, Hive.
- Involve in maintaining and enhancing our performance monitoring and analysis tools/frameworks, workflow and data compute and execution engines, etc.
- Actively monitor production using various internal tool as related to user experiences in query engines, and track performance profiles over time and investigate changes therein.
- Proactively analyze performance metrics and logs to identify efficiencies and opportunities to improve for scalability and performance.
- Actively engage our internal users, who are our customers, to analyze their respective use cases to address scale and performance demands
- Provide thought leadership and helpful feedbacks to the rest of data team in our processes, support models, performance monitoring, analysis metrics, frameworks and tools from internal users’ perspective so as to improve their experiences and productivities.
- 5+ years of experience on open-source Big Data technologies
- Background in database internals or large-scale data processing systems (like Hadoop, Hive, Presto, Spark) especially query processing and/or optimization;
- Strong debugging skills in Linux environment for performance issues
- Experience in troubleshooting big data technology issues in processing of petabytes of data
- Experience in deploying and maintaining distributed systems.
- Experience in using big data storage technologies and their applications (HDFS, Columnar Storage format, Hive, Spark, Presto, etc.)
- Proficiency in multiple systems languages (Java, Scala, Python)
- Sorry no CTC candidates
- Local candidates strongly preferred
- Position is 12 months contract.
Since 2002 Maxonic has been at the forefront of connecting candidate strengths to client challenges. Our award winning, dedicated team of recruiting professionals are specialized by technology, are great listeners, and will seek to find a position that meets the long-term career needs of our candidates. We take pride in the over 5,000 candidates that we have placed, and the repeat business that we earn from our satisfied clients.
Interested in Applying?
We can’t wait to see your resume! Please apply below with your most current resume and anything else you’d like us to know about you – commute preferences, desired work environments, etc. We promise to get back to you within 24 hours. You should also feel free to email Seema Jadhav (firstname.lastname@example.org) or call 408-400-2303.
Key Words: W2 ONLY! HADOOP, APACHE HADOOP MAPREDUCE, JAVA, PERFORMANCE TUNING, PYTHON