15500 – Sr User Researcher
Our client is one of the oldest and largest in the world, with a reputation for being innovative, professionally run and technology driven. They currently have a requirement for a Sr User Researcher. The position is in San Francisco, CA.)
You share our passion for customer experience and problem-solving. You play well with others, but you aren’t afraid to stand up for what you think is right. You’re diplomatic and flexible, and you’ve got what it takes to influence others. You see the big picture, but you also find satisfaction in making every detail right.
You’re committed to understanding customer needs and advocating for the best experience. You are naturally curious. You listen more than you talk and draw connections across projects and products. You have a proven track record of leveraging creative research methods to answer difficult questions and generate actionable insights.
As a Senior Researcher you also:
· Understand the user-centered design process, including personas, task analysis, task flows, interaction design, and content strategy.
· Understand what’s technically possible, and how business rules work with customer experience.
· Are a self-starter, organized and able to work on several projects at once, as well as, efficiently and gracefully managing competing priorities.
· Are comfortable with degrees of ambiguity as our team is evolving to help our partners work smarter and faster in our new agile environment.
What you’ll be responsible for
Collaborating with various partners including: Product Managers, Customer Experience Designers, Content Strategists, and Producers to:
1. understand business goals and identify and prioritize customer needs
2. infuse existing primary and secondary knowledge
3. generate new customer insights on customer experiences primarily focusing on digital experiences for online and mobile banking tools and features, financial education, product information, tools, and applications
· Leading/managing research studies in collaboration with our trusted research vendors, as well as, directly managing and facilitating qualitative research
· Communicating research findings to all levels of the organization and advocating for exceptional customer experiences.
· Ensuring that insights are connected to all related efforts.
Qualified candidates must have:
- 5+ years of product management experience, product development experience, or a combination of both
- 5+ years focused experience in usability testing of digital (web and mobile) interfaces
- Experience with a variety of research methods, including 1-on-1 interviews, group facilitation, card sorts, RITE, unmoderated remote/online, and field studies
- Experience with the user-centered design process including creating and/or using a variety of artifacts such as personas, scenarios, task flows, wireframes, etc.
- Experience conducting research with a wide variety of end users
- Strong presentation skills
- Ability to work and influence successfully within a matrixed environment and build effective business partnerships with all levels of team members
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Outstanding problem solving and decision-making skills
- Financial services experience
- Knowledge and understanding of Agile
- Vendor management experience
- Advanced education or training in the areas of HCI, Human Factors, Information Science or professional certification including Certified Usability Analyst
- Experience with standard research tools including use of Morae/Camtasia software, audio/video set up, remote testing and observation tools (e.g., WebEx, Go To Meeting, Zoom), etc.
- BA, BS, or MA in communications, human factors, information sciences or graphic/visual arts
- Proven experience managing vendor delivery including contract negotiation, scoping, writing creative briefs, and problem resolution
- Certifications in Agile, UX or other design methodologies
- Scrum master experience
- Banking or financial services background or working in a highly regulated industry
- Design software experience with Invision, Sketch, Photoshop.
- Candidates must be currently authorized to work in the US
- Contract position: 2 Years Contract
- Locations: San Francisco.
- Preferred W2 candidate
Since 2002 Maxonic has been at the forefront of connecting candidate strengths to client challenges. Our award winning, dedicated team of recruiting professionals are specialized by technology, are great listeners, and will seek to find a position that meets the long-term career needs of our candidates. We take pride in the over 5,000 candidates that we have placed, and the repeat business that we earn from our satisfied clients.
Interested in Applying?
Send us your resume! Please apply below with your most current resume and anything else you’d like us to know about you – commute preferences, desired work environments, etc. We promise to get back to you within 24 hours. Feel free to email Shreya Muktamath(Shreya.firstname.lastname@example.org) or call 408- 400- 2300.