System Administrator – 15563
Our client serves the semiconductor equipment industry and other industries, including the light emitting diode (LED) and data storage, as well as general materials research. They have a requirement for a System Administrator to work in their Ann Arbor, MI facility.
- Take direction from the team lead and work within a team-environment to achieve organizational goals
- Provide technical solutions to a wide range of problems and user requests through an established IT ticketing system.
- Install, configure and maintain various IT infrastructure servers/desktops and associated applications
- Perform standard administration tasks (VM provisioning, OS installs, patch management)
- Provide Windows/Network/Storage support to IT infrastructure and Engineering users
- Research and recommend innovative, and where possible automated approaches for system administration tasks.
- Position requires communicating with different functional groups like Engineering, IT and Vendors.
- Responsibilities sometimes require working evenings and weekends, sometimes with little advanced notice.
- Hands-on experience on troubleshooting, monitoring, upgrading hardware and software.
- Demonstrated significant experience in Windows/Hypervisor Systems Administration (2+ years)
- Highly versed in Microsoft Windows Servers administration and best practices
- Installs, configures and maintains system applications including SSH, TCP/IP, FTP, NFS, CIFS and Samba
- Knowledge/Experience on Windows 7/10, 2008/2012/2016, AD, DFS, DNS etc.
- Experience on Virtualization technologies like Nutanix AHV, VMware, KVM etc.
- Storage knowledge on Netapp, NAS, Windows Storage and related technologies
- Perform ongoing performance tuning, hardware upgrades, and resource optimization as required. Configure CPU, memory, and disk partitions as required.
- Some understanding of Linux and related technologies
- Some experience with system administration automation and scripting
- Familiar with enterprise network architectures, large and complex Windows/Hypervisor environments
- Knowledge on VPN, Imaging technologies, WAN acceleration technologies and Fast File Transfer technologies
- Knowledge of cloud technology
- Should have excellent problem-solving capability
- Should be able to do Rack and Stack of servers in Data Center
- Must be currently authorized to work in the US
- 9 months contract, possibility of extension
- Position location: Ann Arbor, MI
Since 2002 Maxonic has been at the forefront of connecting candidate strengths to client challenges. Our award winning, dedicated team of recruiting professionals are specialized by technology, are great listeners, and will seek to find a position that meets the long-term career needs of our candidates. We take pride in the over 5,000 candidates that we have placed, and the repeat business that we earn from our satisfied clients.
Interested in Applying?
We’d love to hear from you! Please feel free to email Anjali Srivastava (firstname.lastname@example.org) or call 408-400-2291.