Job Order #15623 – Senior Big Data Architect.
Our client is one of the Biggest retail company, with a reputation for being innovative, professionally run and technology driven. They currently have a requirement for a Senior Big Data Architect. The position is in Pleasanton, CA. locations.
- Lead the architecture, strategy & design for Albertsons big data & data science platform.
- Define policies and establish standards for modeling, structuring, naming, describing, securing, and formatting data
- Lead the design and architecture for real time streaming platforms.
- Define and document data architecture for enterprise data assets, working with business and IT stakeholders throughout the enterprise
- Develop conceptual, logical, and physical data models with associated metadata including data lineage and technical data definitions
- Undertake data modeling, sourcing, and profiling in support of specific enterprise and customer facing data driven initiatives
- Design and implement data lake, data warehouses, marts, cubes and universes to support predictive & reactive analytics strategies
- Track the technical debt and be pro-active in addressing the same by working leadership & project teams.
- Lead efforts to implement a reference data and master data management plans
- Deeply hands on and able to write production quality code as required
- Own end-to-end architecture, vision and roadmap of data applications & platforms.
Qualified candidates must have:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science/Engineering and 10 years of experience or Master's Degree in Computer Science/Engineering and 8 years of experience.
- 3 years as a data Architect in a Retail or related industry is preferred.
- Expert in fields of data quality, data profiling, data security, master data concepts, data governance, machine learning and data migration
- Experience with Azure big data & data science platform is preferred.
- Solid understanding of Hadoop, HDFS, Spark, ZooKeeper, YARN, Hive, HBase, Kafka, Sqoop, Oozie, Spark Streaming and Python/Scala.
- Excellent experience in relational, NoSQL, Multi-dimensional, Columnar data modeling
- Good understanding of MySQL, Oracle, Cassandra, NoSQL, Big data, and Distributed data grids.
- ML toolkits such as Spark-ML, Mahout, Azure ML, or H2O is a plus.
- Hands on experience working with the Map-reduce is desirable.
- Experience with Data Virtualization technologies is desirable
- Experience with streaming technologies is a plus.
- Experience with agile methodologies is a plus.
- Experience with data analytical tools, languages or libraries is an advantage
- Strong leadership, interpersonal, influencing, collaboration and negotiation skills.
- Candidates must be currently authorized to work in the US
- Contract to Hire position:
- Locations: Pleasanton CA
- Preferred W2 candidate
Since 2002 Maxonic has been at the forefront of connecting candidate strengths to client challenges. Our award winning, dedicated team of recruiting professionals are specialized by technology, are great listeners, and will seek to find a position that meets the long-term career needs of our candidates. We take pride in the over 5,000 candidates that we have placed, and the repeat business that we earn from our satisfied clients.
Interested in Applying?
Send us your resume! Please apply below with your most current resume and anything else you’d like us to know about you – commute preferences, desired work environments, etc. We promise to get back to you within 24 hours. Feel free to email Shreya Muktamath(Shreya.firstname.lastname@example.org) or call 408- 400- 2300.