XD Product Designer
Our client is one of the oldest and largest banks in the world, with a reputation for being innovative, professionally run and technology driven. They currently have a requirement for a XD Product Designer. The position is in San Francisco, Oakland, CA or Charlotte, NC.
Why you’ll thrive here:
You’re a jack of all trades with proven success delivering great experiences that cross mobile, web, and beyond. You have strong skills in 2 or more key areas: Interaction Design, Visual Design, and/or Content Strategy. You like solving complex problems with simplicity and being the design point person in a cross-functional team. You are detail-oriented but also keep the big picture in mind. You look at outside inspirations, have a strong point-of-view and articulate robust design rationales. You know what you can do on your own, and you know when to pull in design reinforcements. You enjoy collaborating with a wide range of product managers, developers, and designers to create the best customer experience. Finally, you are organized and like getting things done. You are energized by shipping and you have clear examples of measurable impact.
- Delivering great experiences, in partnership with your scrum team and the larger design team, in the areas of: online and mobile banking, payments, financial education, and onboarding
- Creating common UX deliverables including: Flows, Wireframes, Design Specifications, and Content Decks
- Partnering closely with product managers, scrum masters, developers, researchers, business analysts, and legal/compliance, from aligning on customer and business goals, to managing expectations about design deliverables to shipping the ultimate experience
- Estimating and scoping design work; ensuring design deliverables are done sprint(s) ahead of development
- Speaking to the details of the design deliverables and user stories, answering questions and resolving ambiguities
- Grooming user stories with the scrum team and identifying design-related user stories in the backlog
Qualified candidates must have:
- 3+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: digital customer experience, digital product/program management, digital platforms, or digital consulting
- A BA/BS or higher in Human Factors or Interaction Design
- Financial services industry experience
- Knowledge and understanding of project management principles: managing projects from beginning to end; that vary in scope and complexity
- Leadership experience
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Outstanding problem solving and decision-making skills
- Strong presentation skills
- Experience managing vendor delivery including contract negotiation, scoping, writing creative briefs, and problem resolution
- 3+ years’ experience producing mobile and web products that lead to measurable business / customer impact
- Expertise with common design tools (e.g., InVision, Sketch, Photoshop)
- 2+ years’ experience working in an agile environment, with distributed teams and agile delivery tools (e.g., JIRA, Confluence)
- Certifications in Agile, UX or other design methodologies; Scrum master experience
- Candidates must be currently authorized to work in the US
- Contract position: 2 Years Contract
- Locations: San Francisco, Oakland, CA or Charlotte, NC.
- Preferred W2 candidate
About the Client:
For more than 170 years, this trusted company has provided diversified financial services. They are ranked among the top 5 in assets among US banks and are consistently named as one of the “Most Respected” and “Most Admired” banks in the world.
Since 2002 Maxonic has been at the forefront of connecting candidate strengths to client challenges. Our award winning, dedicated team of recruiting professionals are specialized by technology, are great listeners, and will seek to find a position that meets the long-term career needs of our candidates. We take pride in the over 5,000 candidates that we have placed, and the repeat business that we earn from our satisfied clients.
Interested in Applying?
Send us your resume! Please apply below with your most current resume and anything else you’d like us to know about you – commute preferences, desired work environments, etc. We promise to get back to you within 24 hours. Feel free to email Shreya (email@example.com) or call 408-400-2300.