15742– Database Administrator III
Our direct client is one of the world's leading global hospitality companies. They are currently in urgent need of a Database Administrator III. This is a Permanent role located in Las Vegas, Nevada.
- Manage a queue of work requests to meet service levels and KPI objectives.
- Assess and determine governance, stewardship, and frameworks for managing data across the organization.
- Troubleshoot, identify and repair complex database issues for connectivity, data integrity, performance and reliability and service end-user requests while working within internal ticketing/trouble reporting systems
- Develop and promote data management methodologies and standards
- Conduct research on database platform and related products, services, protocols, and standards to remain abreast of developments in the database platform industry.
- Establish and implement policies, procedures and technologies to ensure security and integrity of the enterprise database environment.
- Review technical requirements, establish project milestones and tasks and determine level of effort estimates for their completion.
- Develop and oversee rules, procedures, and standards for the access and maintenance of shared data resources
- Create strategies and plans for data security, backup, disaster recovery, business continuity, and archiving.
- Prepare and maintain documentation of database design, security and access standards, configurations, procedures and troubleshooting methods
- Perform all work in a manner to ensure interoperability and maintain compliance of enterprise application and database systems.
- Bachelor's degree in MIS or similar technical program or acceptable industry and work experience
- 5+ years SQL Server DBA experience - both Administration and Development in a large corporate environment
- 5+ years’ design, implementation and administration of SQL Server solutions including version upgrades, migrations, service packs and hot fixes, log management, backup / recovery, log shipping, performance tuning and security management
- Direct experience in implementing enterprise data management processes, procedures, and decision support.
- Strong understanding of relational data structures, theories, principles, and practices.
- Experience with business requirements analysis, entity relationship planning, database design, reporting structures, and so on.
- Ability to interpret and create effective database documentation for database systems including entity relationship diagrams, data flow diagrams, database normalization schemas, logical to physical database mapping, data table parameters.
- Advanced competence with monitoring tools, techniques, alerting and notification processes.
- Competence with fault isolation, testing procedures, and network mapping and diagramming tools
- Experience working in a highly regulated environment (MICS, PCI, SOX)
- Training and experience with ITSM practices.
- On-call availability on a rotational basis is a requirement of this role
- Flexibly to adapt to a changing environment while under pressure
- Strong customer service orientation.
- 21+ years of age
- Work varied shifts, including weekends and holidays.
Location: Las Vegas, Nevada
Since 2002 Maxonic has been at the forefront of connecting candidate strengths to client challenges. Our award winning, dedicated team of recruiting professionals are specialized by technology, are great listeners, and will seek to find a position that meets the long-term career needs of our candidates. We take pride in the over 5,000 candidates that we have placed, and the repeat business that we earn from our satisfied clients.
Interested in Applying?
Send us your resume, ASAP! Please apply below with your most current resume. Feel free to email Vandana Mathur (email@example.com) or call 408-400-2308