Job Title: Software Engineer 2
Job Location: 13209 Corporate Exchange Dr Bridgeton Missouri USA 63044
Job Duration: 12 Months
* The Smart Communications Platform (SCP) program is a critical enterprise-level initiative aimed at consolidating the work done by 5 legacy print and mail solutions with one modern customer communications management platform and adding support to digital communication mechanisms.
* The SCP program is being developed as a cloud-based solution and as such, we need to expand our technical engineering pool to include a seasoned engineer in cloud design and development.
* Having this person on staff is critical to our ability to compress the development time line for the SCP to hasten time to start realizing return on investment in this project.
* Are you passionate about building enterprise-class solutions using the latest cloud technologies and current development best practices? Are you ready to be a leader in implementing technologies such as Amazon or Google Web Services and NoSQL databases in a DevOps organization that insists on 100% fault tolerant code, 100% automation of tests and infrastructure in an environment of continuous tests, continuous integration and continuous deployment?
* If you like to create new solutions from scratch and follow that solution throughout all phases from production to support, we want to talk to you.
* If you are an independent self-starter, work well within an integrated team, have a strong sense of ownership and are obsessed by solving customer use cases and scenarios using best practices and cloud technologies, we want to talk to you!
* This position requires a good understanding of enterprise cloud best practices, regulatory compliance, and customer persona(s).
* The ability to learn new technologies, integrate them with existing enterprise management tools and compliance frameworks, and the skill to leverage them to the maximum extent is a key component of this position.
* We are striving for maximum compatibility with current health care products and services as well as new cloud enterprise technologies and best practices.
* 8+ years of experience in software solution development and at least 5 years of experience in Java enterprise solution development
* Experience in application development in an AWS environment utilizing AWS services is required .
* Experience in NoSQL database application development is required
* Proficiency with Java frameworks (Spring, Spring Boot)
* Proficiency in SQL based database application development
* Proficiency with Agile Scrum SDLC
* Proficiency with CI/CD tools/processes (Git/Maven/Jenkins/SonarQube/Jacoco/Junit preferred)
* BS In Computer Science or related field - comparable experience in the field can be considered in lieu of the degree
* The main function of a software engineer is to design, develop, implement, test, and maintain business and computer applications software or specialized utility programs including mainframe and client/server applications, and major enhancement of existing systems.
* Fine-tune and improve a variety of sophisticated software implementation projects.
* Gather and analyze system requirements, document specifications, and develop software solutions to meet client needs and data.
* Analyze and review enhancement requests and specifications.
* Implement system software and customize to client requirements.
* Prepare the detailed software specifications and test plans.
* Code new programs to client?s specifications and create test data for testing.
* Modify existing programs to new standards and conduct unit testing of developed programs.
* Create migration packages for system testing, user testing, and implementation.
* Provide quality assurance reviews. Perform post-implementation validation of software and resolve any bugs found during testing.
* Experience with Java, Python, C++ and other programming languages.
* Understanding of HTML5, CSS3 and CMSs.
* Team player attitude with a willingness to lead when necessary.
* Devotion to continuing education on an annual basis.
* Performing in-depth troubleshooting and unit testing with both new and legacy production systems.
* Problem diagnosis and resolution.
* Large systems software design and development.
* Bachelor's degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field required.
* 2 to 4 years of experience required.
* A solid foundation in computer science, with strong competencies in data structures, algorithms, and software design.