Product Manager, Applications and Security - 15948
Our client helps the world’s leading communication companies test their latest technologies. They provide a service, without which, the pace of technological advancement in the industry would slow to a crawl. The client is currently in urgent need of a Product Manager, Applications and Security business unit. The Product Manager will work daily with the assigned agile development teams to make sure product development projects remain on schedule as well as accept completed user stories and defect fixes.
The role requires a broad skill set that leverages experiences in product development, quality assurance, datacenter, service provider and enterprise infrastructure. This includes working side-by-side with the engineering team and other product managers to manage the product development process.
The ideal person is a self-starter, an individual who can evaluate feature requests and defects quickly and who works well independently as well as within a team.
- Drive the vision and delivery of innovative and competitive security solutions within the AppSec solutions portfolio.
- Maintain in-depth technical knowledge of the AppSec solutions portfolio.
- Conduct market research to identify user need for new features.
- Prioritize solutions opportunities using criteria and requirements defined during research.
- Establish requirements and specifications for existing and new solutions.
- Create user stories, including acceptance criteria, that can be completed within a sprint.
- Acceptance of user stories or customer-facing defects upon completion by scrum teams.
- Review and prioritize product and release backlogs.
- Attend daily scrum meetings to clarify any requirements or defects.
- Attend iteration preplanning, planning, demo and retrospective meetings.
- Run cross-functional team meetings in business, product, design, and engineering.
- Perform demos of completed products to internal team members, internal stakeholders, and users (both existing and soon-to-be).
- Develop metrics to assess the success of new solutions and features to determine when enhancements are needed.
- Provide product validation testing assistance as needed to confirm product release candidates.
- Support pre-sales opportunities via on-site visits, presentations and product demonstrations.
- Be able to build and understand pricing and financial models for AppSec security solutions and be able to drive competitive positioning as needed.
- Travel up to 25% of time.
- Experience delivering solutions using Agile / Scrum Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) Processes.
- A strong understanding of User Centered Design (UCD).
- Experience working with UX Design teams through the UCD process.
- Demonstrated domain experience in layer 4-7 protocols.
- Demonstrated domain experience in network security.
- Ability to learn new technologies related to network security and the expanding enterprise needs to address today's and tomorrow's threats.
- A technical background prior going into the product world role is a big plus.
- Comfortable making presentations to executives (both internal and external executives).
- Experience working in a highly collaborative and dynamic team environment.
- SaaS service experience or enterprise solutions experience desired.
- Big Data experience a big plus.
- PO/PM certifications are a plus but not required.
- Location: Sunnyvale, CA
About the Client:
This client has a broad portfolio of innovative products and testing services which are organized into three divisions that address a wide range of our customers' needs. Those who build or deliver networks, connected devices, and communication services depend on the client’s expertise to enable their innovations and ensure a superior user experience.
Since 2002 Maxonic has been at the forefront of connecting candidate strengths to client challenges. Our award winning, dedicated team of recruiting professionals are specialized by technology, are great listeners, and will seek to find a position that meets the long term career needs of our candidates. We take pride in the over 5,000 candidates that we have placed, and the repeat business that we earn from our satisfied clients.
Interested in Applying?
Send us your resume, ASAP! Feel free to email Bhavana Mathur (firstname.lastname@example.org) or call 408-400-2297