VMware Systems Administrator - 16008
Our client a company that provide cloud computing and platform virtualization software and services. They have a requirement for a VMware Systems Administrator to work in their Santa Clara, CA facility.
- Day to day operations to keep the engineering lab of an engineering team up and running.
- Install and configure clusters with VMware vSphere (ESX) and vCenter
- Create and debug VMs on VMware ESX
- Configure VMs to access storage devices
- Perform VM snapshot management, clone/converted VMs as needed to migrate them to new datastores
- Install and debug ESXi 6.x, Linux distributions and Windows 2012/2016 Server
- Debug networking, storage and development environment problems
- Configure and debug storage arrays, FC SAN HBAs and NAS devices
- Raise tickets to upgrade array microcode to latest GA version
- Storage/server/VM zoning requests
- Create user accounts on arrays for new hires
- Assist in ordering pre-GA storage arrays
- Configure FC/LAN switches - Brocade and Cisco.
- Fiber Channel Zoning of storage and servers.
- Allocate static IP addresses to group members.
- Configure and debug DNS and DHCP.
- Debug TCP/IP networking problems.
Position & Logistics:
- Must be currently authorized to work in the US
- Position type: 12+ months contract
- Position location: Santa Clara, CA (Local only)
- W2 candidates only
Since 2002 Maxonic has been at the forefront of connecting candidate strengths to client challenges. Our award winning, dedicated team of recruiting professionals are specialized by technology, are great listeners, and will seek to find a position that meets the long term career needs of our candidates. We take pride in the over 5,000 candidates that we have placed, and the repeat business that we earn from our satisfied clients.
Interested in Applying?
We’d love to hear from you! Please feel free to email Anjali Srivastava (firstname.lastname@example.org) or call 408-400-2291.