Network Engineer -V
Our client is a market leader in enterprise security solutions. They offer an integrated portfolio of security products that combat advanced threats. They currently have a requirement for Network Engineer V. The position is contract and is located at SFO, CA.
* Design and implement network architectures and manage the day to day operations of the corporate network
* Troubleshoot and solve a diverse set of network problems from application firewalls to Wi-Fi
* Interface with infosec teams to design and continuously deliver security-related enhancements
* Develop automated methods to mitigate and remediate network events and minimize operational complexity
* Optimize the network in every way possible
* Participate in a 24/7 on-call rotation to ensure smooth global operation
* Regional and international travel may be required to support the office build team
* Experience optimizing and troubleshooting Wi-Fi environments
* Experience managing long term, project & milestone-based work with teams and independently.
* 6+ years’ experience with Layer 2 protocols and associated enhancements such as LACP, L2 ECMP, 802.1d/w/s, and 802.1x.
* 6+ years of in-depth experience with Layer 3 protocols such as IP[v4|v6], TCP and UDP
* 6+ years of in-depth experience with routing protocols such as OSPF, BGP, and VRFs
* 6+ years of experience with stateful firewalls, non-stateful filtering and packet inspection
8 Experience in programming or scripting to automate / monitor / build the network
* Network management via SNMP/XML/Netconf
* AWS Cloud management and orchestration systems
* Advanced network certifications (CCNA or JNCIA through CCIE or JNCIE) or commensurate experience preferred
* Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering
* ROUTING PROTOCOLS
* ENTERPRISE ARCHITECTURE
* NETWORK CLIENT SUPPORT
* LAYER 3
* LAYER 2
Minimum Degree Required: Bachelor's Degree
Certifications & Licenses:
- Contract role- 6 months and get extended
- Location – SFO, CA
- Local candidates only as it required on site job
Since 2002 Maxonic has been at the forefront of connecting candidate strengths to client challenges. Our award winning, dedicated team of recruiting professionals are specialized by technology, are great listeners, and will seek to find a position that meets the long-term career needs of our candidates. We take pride in the over 5,000 candidates that we have placed, and the repeat business that we earn from our satisfied clients.