Scientist II, Manufacturing - JO 16313
Maxonic is looking for a Scientist II, Manufacturing for one of our leading customers in the life sciences industry.
Since 2002 Maxonic has been at the forefront of connecting candidate strengths to client challenges. Our award winning, dedicated team of recruiting professionals are specialized by technology, are great listeners, and will seek to find a position that meets the long-term career needs of our candidates.
Benefits offered to our employees include:
- Medical Insurance through Cal Choice [Kaiser and Anthem Blue Cross]
- HSA (Health Savings Account)
- 401K Plan
- Paid Sick Time Off
- Bachelor’s degree in Biology, Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, Biotechnology or other related discipline and 2+ years of experience in a manufacturing or research laboratory.
- Master’s degree in Biology, Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, Biotechnology or other related discipline and some experience in a manufacturing or research laboratory.
- Experience in the use of scientific laboratory techniques, equipment and materials that includes some of the following techniques:
- Radioactive Kinase Activity Assay
- TR-FRET Assay
- Fluorescence based assays
- Polyacrylamide and Agarose Gel Electrophoresis
- Western Blot
- Protein Concentration determination assay
- Buffer Preparation
- XL Fit Analysis
- Ability to carry out scientific procedures and make recommendations for improvement.
- Excellent documentation and communication skills.
- Displays positive attitude toward job and others.
- Regularly required to lift up to 20 pounds. May be required to lift weight of 45 pounds or more, with assistance and/or with equipment on occasion.
- Must be flexible to work varying schedules and hours as needed.
- Must be able to work safely with chemicals and hazardous materials.
- May be required to stand for long periods of time while performing duties.
- May intermittently sit at desk/lab bench for a long period of time to perform experiments, write, and use a keyboard to communicate through written means.
Candidate must be currently authorized to work in US for any employer
Location: Carlsbad, CA
Duration: 12 Months contract
Interested in Applying?We can’t wait to see your resume! Please apply below with your most current resume and anything else you’d like us to know about you – commute preferences, desired work environments, etc. You should also feel free to email Suresh Madavanani (firstname.lastname@example.org) or call 408-715-1210 EXT 113.