Data Analyst IV
Our client is one of largest virtualization companies in the world. Their products help streamline how complex applications can be used and viewed. They are a Silicon Valley powerhouse and are currently in need of a Data Analyst IV.
Since 2002 Maxonic has been at the forefront of connecting candidate strengths to client challenges. Our award winning, dedicated team of recruiting professionals are specialized by technology, are great listeners, and will seek to find a position that meets the long-term career needs of our candidates.
Benefits offered to our employees include:
• Medical Insurance through Cal Choice [Kaiser and Anthem Blue Cross]
• HSA (Health Savings Account)
• 401K Plan
• Paid Sick Time Off
- Client's Finance organization is leading a cross-functional effort to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of client's pricing and discounting activities on a global basis.
- A Pricing and Discounting Initiative (PnDI), set up to drive these efforts, requires a Data and Visualization Analyst to support the overall PnDI Lead and Project Managers, focusing on data gathering, transformation, analysis, and visualization of financial and operational data for executive and field decision making.
- Interpret data, analyze results using statistical techniques, and provide ongoing reports.
- Develop and implement databases, data collection systems, data analytics, and other strategies that optimize statistical efficiency and quality.
- Acquire data from primary or secondary data sources and maintain databases/data systems.
- Identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets.
- Filter and “clean” data by reviewing computer reports, printouts, and performance indicators to locate and correct data quality and computation problems.
- Locate and define new process improvement opportunities.
- Document requirements (data, process flows, algorithms) into Business Requirements Documents (BRD).
- Work with management to prioritize business and information needs.
- Support project management, business intelligence, and analytics activities and systems.
- Prior hands-on Data Analyst or Business Data Analyst or Business Systems Analyst experience, including actual assignments understanding process, data, and business system conditions for quote-to-cash (must).
- Extremely detail oriented and results driven, with actual examples of end-to-end responsibility delivering BI projects (must).
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy (must).
- Expertise in handling complex queries, functions, stored procedures, and optimizing database performance databases (SQL, PL-SQL, etc.) (must).
- Strong knowledge of and experience with reporting packages (SAP Business Objects, Oracle BIEE) and visualization packages (Tableau Desktop/Server, Microsoft Power BI) (must).
- Tableau Desktop Professional Certified (preferred).
- Ten (10) years of work experience since graduation in high technology companies, especially in go-to-market areas (must).
- At least three (3) years working for Fortune 500 companies (with prior experience at client being a major plus).
- B.S. in Mathematics, Economics, Computer Science, Information Management or Statistics from an accredited institution (must).
- Experience working in Scrum projects, CSPO certified (preferred)
- Proven ability to analyze existing and define new process improvement opportunities.
- Good written and verbal communication skills, with experience presenting to middle management.
Candidates must be currently authorized to work in the US for any employer
Location: Palo Alto, CA
Duration: 6 months contract
Interested in Applying?
We can’t wait to see your resume. Please apply below with your most current resume Please email your respond to Badal (email@example.com ) or call 408-715-1210 Ext 124.