Project (R&D) Manager 3
Maxonic is looking for a Project (R&D) Manager 3 for one of our leading customers.
Since 2002 Maxonic has been at the forefront of connecting candidate strengths to client challenges. Our award winning, dedicated team of recruiting professionals are specialized by technology, are great listeners, and will seek to find a position that meets the long-term career needs of our candidates.
Benefits offered to our employees include:
- Medical Insurance through Cal Choice [Kaiser and Anthem Blue Cross]
- HSA (Health Savings Account)
- 401K Plan
- Paid Sick Time Off
- The PMO Project Manager is responsible for managing product development projects from initiation through successful commercialization and stabilization concluding with a transfer to mature ongoing manufacturing.
- This role will focus on driving complex hardware development projects, which include design, manufacturing and integration of mechanical, electrical and embedded software. PMO project managers may also lead projects outside of product development on an as required basis.
- Leads New Product Development (NPD) Core Teams in the execution of NPD projects from initiation through to transfer to mature product support
- Responsible for management of scope, timeline, resources to meet project objectives
- Manages the project plan by identifying critical path, constraints, contingencies and mitigations to achieve project objectives.
- Escalates threats to project plan as required to functional management and senior leadership
- Works across the organization to align functional support and input for the project
- Ensures Design Control processes are followed per relevant procedures by functional team members.
- Organizes and leads design control review meetings
- Contributes to product development process optimization via lessons learned, resource leveling, process input and sharing and developing best practices
- Four year degree (Bachelor’s degree or global equivalent) in engineering preferred; business, finance or related field will be considered in conjunction with experience
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience involved in the development and commercialization of technical products, ideally hardware (mechanical/electrical)
- Medical device experience preferred.
- Certification in project management (PMP) desired
- Strong project management, planning, decision making, negotiating and change management skills
- Comfortable with all phases of the product development lifecycle including idea generation, concept development and testing, design, implementation, process validation and manufacturing transfer
- Experience in analyzing tradeoffs between product features, customer needs/requirements, manufacturability and cost
- Demonstrated ability to synthesize data, set actionable goals and drive metrics and execution
- Experience with schedule, budget, cost and risk management tracking tools
- Proven ability to lead, influence and work well at all levels of an organization and in a cross functional team environment
- Seeks, recognizes, and executes creative and simple solutions to resolve complex project challenges; routinely steadies the team when stressed; leads by example
- Strong relationship building, customer focus and facilitation skills
- Able to clearly articulate complex issues in simple terms and concise manner
- Excellent communication (written, verbal), presentation and documentation skills.
- Candidates must be currently authorized to work in the US for any employer
- 10 months Contract position
- Sunnyvale, CA
Interested in Applying?
We can’t wait to see your resume! Please apply below with your most current resume and anything else you’d like us to know about you – commute preferences, desired work environments, etc. You should also feel free to email Badal Ojha (email@example.com ) or call 408-715-1210 Ext 124