Maxonic is looking for a Bid Manager for one of our customers. They are the market leader in enhancing higher education technology.
Since 2002 Maxonic has been at the forefront of connecting candidate strengths to client challenges. Our award winning, dedicated team of recruiting professionals are specialized by technology, are great listeners, and will seek to find a position that meets the long-term career needs of our candidates.
Benefits offered to our employees include:
- Medical Insurance through Cal Choice [Kaiser and Anthem Blue Cross]
- HSA (Health Savings Account)
- 401K Plan
- Paid Sick Time Off
- As Bid Manager of a very large and complex opportunity you will be responsible for coordination and management of end-to-end activities associated with a high-stakes opportunity.
- This role requires a combination of technology related business acumen; ability to understand business problems and possess writing and editing skills needed to develop a persuasive and compelling proposal that leads to customer’s understanding of how the clients solution will solve their business problems.
- The successful candidate will be driven to succeed, with a high-level of intuitiveness, and self-motivation. Strong leadership, organization and communication skills are a must.
- As part of a dynamic team, you will work cross-functionally throughout client's to manage the proposal process through delivery of proposal August 30, 2019. For the right candidate this role has opportunity for a full-time position with the client
- Create tracking worksheets to ensure response and assignment coverage on all areas of the RFP
- Work with Proposal Operations Team to ensure strict adherence to pre-defined due dates to include multiple reviews, editing and finalization of all proposal pieces.
- Work with Account Team to define and document win strategy to create sound business models and value propositions by synthesizing information obtained through pre-procurement activities
- Work with Proposal Operations and client's ecosystem to develop and communicate proposal win themes throughout the proposal sections
- Work with regional Proposal Operations Manager to document sales messaging, write executive briefings, assist with developing responses to strategic requirements to enhance delivered proposals and improve overall win rate throughout the bid process
- Develop capture strategies that will permit easy communication of the customer’s requirements, hot buttons, and issues to client's participants throughout proposal development
- Coordinate and participate in meetings with Client Partners as needed to build teaming strategy and present cohesive messaging in the proposal.
Position Required Skills/Knowledge/Experience:
- Undergraduate degree required (Business, Journalism, Marketing)
- A minimum of 5 years Capture Management and/or Bid Management
- Proven experience leading and winning contracts
- Proven ability to understand client problems/challenges/goals, craft a solution and develop demonstrations, POCs, proposals and RFP responses with appropriate products and services based on client discussions
- Relationship Management, emphasizing active listening and communications
- Ability to quickly grasp high-level knowledge of client's solutions
- The ability to plan, strategize and problem-solve as part of a team
- Strong attention to detail under pressure while managing major projects with multiple priorities
- Strong written and oral communications skills
- Strong critical thinking skills for appropriate decision making
- Higher Education/Post-Secondary industry knowledge a plus
- Experience in managing complex RFP’s as a contractor in a technology environment
- Candidates must be currently authorized to work in the US for any employer
- 2 months Contract position
- This position could be in Reston or Malvern PA offices. No vacation time for contractor during the assignment timeframe.
Interested in Applying?
We can’t wait to see your resume! Please apply below with your most current resume and anything else you’d like us to know about you – commute preferences, desired work environments, etc. You should also feel free to email Saurav (firstname.lastname@example.org) or call 408-715-1210 Ext 127