Hardware Engineer I
Our client is one of largest virtualization companies in the world. Their products help streamline how complex applications can be used and viewed. They are a Silicon Valley powerhouse and are currently in need of a Hardware Engineer I???????.
Since 2002 Maxonic has been at the forefront of connecting candidate strengths to client challenges. Our award winning, dedicated team of recruiting professionals are specialized by technology, are great listeners, and will seek to find a position that meets the long-term career needs of our candidates.
Benefits offered to our employees include:
• Medical Insurance through Cal Choice [Kaiser and Anthem Blue Cross]
• HSA (Health Savings Account)
• 401K Plan
• Paid Sick Time Off
- You will be a member of the Data Center and Lab Operations team that provide service and support to VMware’s R&D Engineering department.
- The team is responsible for deploying and handling the R&D equipment within the local labs.
- The Data Center Engineer will possess extensive knowledge of data center operations, interpersonal and good communication skills to ensure projects and tasks are completed on time and meeting customer expectations.
- Client is looking for an organized, detail-oriented, and results-driven individual who enjoys working in a fast-paced environment.
Specific Role Objectives:
• Receive and Categorize inventory daily using predefined processes and procedures.
• Inventory hardware devices with attention to detail and conformance with internal systems.
• Rack and document hardware installation within the data center using predefined processes and tools.
• Execute Device lifecycle management control (decommissioning legacy equipment)
• Cable and document connections between devices along with proper cable management within the racks.
• Assign Static IP configurations for device setup and installation.
• Cable and confirm power status for servers, network gear and storage devices
• Moderate Connectivity IP Troubleshooting
• Basic knowledge of operating a range of operating systems and technologies.
• Moderately familiar with MS Office applications
• Moderately familiar with Web Based applications and browser basics.
• Understand how to balance power across 3-phase PDU's
• Basic understanding of networking cable types and transceivers such as Single Mode / Multi-mode fiber, CAT6A, transceivers (QSFP,MTP,SFP etc.) and Twinax.
• Basic understanding of server hardware components and terminology
• The position has a physical component requiring the ability to lift up to 50 lbs. And may require working in cramped spaces, or elevated locations
Candidates must be currently authorized to work in the US for any employer
Location: East Wenatchee, WA
Duration: 6 months (intended to be 18 months)
Interested in Applying?
We can’t wait to see your resume. Please apply below with your most current resume Please email your respond to Rajanand (firstname.lastname@example.org) or call 408-715-1210 Ext 133.