Maxonic is looking for an Software Engineer for one of our leading customers.
Since 2002 Maxonic has been at the forefront of connecting candidate strengths to client challenges. Our award winning, dedicated team of recruiting professionals are specialized by technology, are great listeners, and will seek to find a position that meets the long-term career needs of our candidates.
Benefits offered to our employees include:
- Medical Insurance through Cal Choice [Kaiser and Anthem Blue Cross]
- HSA (Health Savings Account)
- 401K Plan
- Paid Sick Time Off
- This position will be in the Chromatography and Mass Spectrometry Division (CMD), part of Analytical Instrument Group (AIG) of the client.
- The successful candidate will be responsible for design and development of instruments connectivity framework for Cloud and IoT environment.
- Enabling scalable device connectivity, cross device communication and interoperability.
- Defining and developing the intersection of embedded systems architecture, instrument control and contemporary technologies related to IoT and cloud computing.
- An active contributor to architectural definition and collaboration across CMD business units, to develop a common framework in how the instruments and client services interact and connect
- As a key member of the development team responsible for delivery of the framework including the API, data architecture, security, event management and relevant middleware
- Active role in the proof of concept development to establish technical and business feasibility.
- Enable meaningful communications between devices using contemporary semantic methodologies, domain taxonomies, and ontologies
- Evangelizes and drive technical and architectural migration to the framework
- M.S or B.S in Physics, Computer Science, or Software Engineering or related fields preferred.
- Experience building web services using JSON, REST and other similar web service technologies
- Working knowledge Service Oriented Architecture and Complex Event Processing
- Experience with IoT technologies such as Thingworx, OPC-UA and Cloud service bus.
- Good understanding of network architecture and secure communication protocols
- Working Knowledge and demonstrated experience in Cloud technologies and modern distributed architectures including experience working with Amazon Web Services or Azure Cloud
- Experience with Semantic Web technologies and Resource Description Framework (RDF)
- Demonstrated success in cross-organizational technical collaboration and product development
- Strong analytical and communication skill
- Good working experience of software development life cycle and Agile development methodology
- Some exposure to laboratory instruments such as Mass Spectrometer, Chromatography, LIMS or other scientific data analysis software is highly desired but not required
- Mass spectrometry or NGS laboratory experience is a plus
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Excellent communications skills, verbal and written, with technical and executive audiences
- Strong software and systems architectural experience
- Highly motivated, self-confident with a collaborative working style that fosters participation and contribution by others
- Strong interest in Cloud based technologies and business opportunities related to the science enabled by our products
- Strong interpersonal skills
- 3+ years of relevant work experience.
- Ability to travel
- Candidate must be currently authorized to work in US for any employer.
- Job Location: San Jose, CA
- Duration: 5 Months contract
Interested in Applying?
We can’t wait to see your resume! Please apply below with your most current resume and anything else you’d like us to know about you – commute preferences, desired work environments, etc. You should also feel free to email MD. Arif (email@example.com) or call 408-715-1210 Ext.128.