Scientist I – Chemistry
Maxonic is looking for a Scientist I - Chemistry for one of our leading customers.
Since 2002 Maxonic has been at the forefront of connecting candidate strengths to client challenges. Our award winning, dedicated team of recruiting professionals are specialized by technology, are great listeners, and will seek to find a position that meets the long-term career needs of our candidates.
Benefits offered to our employees include:
- Medical Insurance through Cal Choice [Kaiser and Anthem Blue Cross]
- HSA (Health Savings Account)
- 401K Plan
- Paid Sick Time Off
- We are looking for a Manufacturing Scientist I to assist in the manufacture our Proprietary Ion Sphere™ Particles used on the Ion Torrent PGM and Proton platforms.
- This position is currently located in South San Francisco, CA.
- In this role The Manufacturing Scientist will be responsible for building product to meet our production forecast.
- The Scientist will follow, manufacture and contribute to the daily production schedule, implement production according to the SOP, complete manufacturing batch records and maintain inventory control of raw materials and finished goods.
- The Scientist will understand and maintain metrics to track quality of product produced by both physical and functional test methods. In this role the Scientist will also maintain all documentation associated with the manufacturing process and product qualification as well as maintain and calibrate instrumentation needed for production.
- The Manufacturing Scientist must be able to work independently, multitask, follow strict guidelines, and communicate with peers and with management.
- Knowledge of good laboratory practices (GLPs) is important.
- The Candidate must be comfortable working in an ISO compliant/ LEAN manufacturing/ controlled laboratory environment.
- We are looking for intelligent, enthusiastic people with exceptional drive and productivity to contribute to and enable the future of genetic sequencing.
- The ideal candidate will be driven and will do what it takes to keep production on track in a fast paced environment.
- The ideal candidate must be very neat and organized, have excellent verbal and written communication skills, must be able to both follow established SOPs and write new documentation as needed
Minimum Qualifications (must have):
- BS degree in chemistry or biochemistry
- Exceptional chemistry, mathematics, analytical skills and laboratory academic track record
- 1-3 years (Sci I) Hands on chemistry / biology lab experience preferably in an industrial setting
- Experience manipulating data in Excel or similar programs.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
Preferred Qualifications (nice to have):
- Who have worked in ISO MFG environment
- Organic chemistry, polymer chemistry and /or nucleic acid chemistry background experience
- Experience operating high-end analytical instrumentation
- Lab skills including PCR, DNA sequencing, DNA/RNA extraction, microarray analysis, microscopy, flow cytometry and basic molecular biology techniques.
- Familiarity with statistical analysis tools
- Experience using Agile, SAP systems.
- Candidate must be currently authorized to work in US for any employer.
- Job Location: South San Francisco, CA
- Duration: 12 Months contract
Interested in Applying?
We can’t wait to see your resume! Please apply below with your most current resume and anything else you’d like us to know about you – commute preferences, desired work environments, etc. You should also feel free to email Chandru Kannan(firstname.lastname@example.org) or call 408-715-1210 Ext.116.