Services - Technical Consultant-Resident IV
Our client is worldwide leader in information technologies with products that include hardware, software and services.
Since 2002 Maxonic has been at the forefront of connecting candidate strengths to client challenges. Our award winning, dedicated team of recruiting professionals are specialized by technology, are great listeners, and will seek to find a position that meets the long-term career needs of our candidates.
Benefits offered to our employees include:
- Medical Insurance through Cal Choice [Kaiser and Anthem Blue Cross]
- HSA (Health Savings Account)
- 401K Plan
- Paid Sick Time Off
- The role is responsible for performing Global Delivery Services as Resident Engineer for one specific client's customer at their premise to cover the tasks as defined in a Statement of Work.
- The role performs the assigned tasks, whilst building a customer's confidence in client's service delivery capability.
- The role is responsible for a smooth transition from implementation to operations and for the daily management of the environment.
- The Technical Consultant is an experienced professional, with a full understanding of practice specialization.
- They exercise independent judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
- Perform innovative Delivery Services for one specific client's customer at their premise, as defined by the manager
- Work together with the customer’s team to provide them support for the daily operation of their environment and coach them on the best practices
- Represent client on the internal sessions and meeting organized by the Customer and provide them support for their key decisions
- Be as the customer advocate on the client's products
- Provide status information to the Resource Manager task status and completion estimates, making strong strategic decisions, based on the most relevant factors available that drive effectiveness and value to the bottom line
- Provide deliverables and dynamic presentations defined in the Statement of Work
- Participate in strategic project review sessions to share materials or lessons-learned
- Identify opportunities to gain additional skills through working collaboratively with other members of the team, demonstrating an accountability for keeping own performance on track and ensuring that your skills remain at the forefront of your subject matter expertise
- Create detailed technical designs from high level solution designs, based on the strategic analysis of the customer’s environment and requirements
- Provide guidance to local teams or 3rd party partners to implement the technical solution
- Provide technical subject matter expertise to troubleshoot implementation, operational, connectivity and network issues, providing rational business cases and arguments to persuade upwardly and with peers
- Collaborate with a global team of subject matter experts, deciding on the best way to solve problems & create solutions from the technology provided
- Broad technical consultancy and service delivery experience.
- Extensive experience within client's technologies or a similar competitor or organization
- Degree or equivalent education or experience
- Establishing personal impact: Projecting personal confidence, expertise and passion when interacting with customers, vendors and employees at all levels in the organization
- Proactive Delivery: Demonstrate accountability by keeping performance on track. Must be a problem solver who is able to work independently; organized and strong attention to detail
- Rational persuasion: Providing rational business cases and arguments to persuade upwardly and with peers
- Team working: Building mutual support and understanding with colleagues
- Aligning self: Autonomously aligning personal contribution to the goals and priorities of the team and business
- High quality decision making: Making strong judgments based on the most relevant factors available that drive effectiveness and value to the bottom line
- Making Improvements: Simplifying, improving and supporting innovation in order to increase efficiency, effectiveness and customer success
- Owning your own Development: Develop skills and work proactively with your manager to attend prescribed training, as defined in the training schedule, demonstrating strong commitment to personal learning and development
- A willingness to work a flexible schedule and willingness to travel
- Must be an excellent communicator. Must have excellent communication skills and be able to explain complex technical concepts in a clear and concise manner
- Compliance with time and expense reporting guidelines
- Usage of published Delivery Service Office methods, tools, and systems
- Billable and Utilization percentage as a function of time-reporting
- Stakeholder Management skills; Clearly and effectively communicates with customer and ensures that the customer understands and has visibility of activities and deliverables as required, demonstrating company values in all customer interactions
- Escalation Management; knows when to escalate, to defer and enable decision making and action
- Reliability; acts an ambassador of Hitachi both on customer sites and within Global Delivery
Next Generation Archive (NGA)
Run Services - Subject Matter Expert (SME)
In respect of each of the Initial Archive as a Service Supply Orders, Supplier will provide one consultant per Initial Archive as a Service (Region) Supply Order in the Services Scope.
Regional consultants to cover services from other regions during absent/vacation, to ensure continuity of service.
These additional Services will be provided for a period of twenty-four (24) months from the Service Commencement Date, after which the Consultants will be transitioned to the Services team to support the ongoing provision of the Services:
Consultants to support the ongoing Services for Archive as a Service. These Services will comprise:
• Subject Matter Expert for API integration/development assistance
• Ability to manage an object-oriented storage environment using S3 and other API’s
• Process and procedure integration
• Security assessment
• Availability Plan creation and management
• Proficiency for data analytics and data processing pipeline creation
• Ability to be a part of a small, globally dispersed team of SME’s.
• Hyper Converged Infrastructure, utilizing VMware vSAN
• Advanced IP Fabrics based on Brocade/Extreme VDX Platform
• Distributed Load Balancing
• Advance DR and multi-site active-active administration
• Cloud API’s & programmatic implementation best practices
• Infrastructure asset (Hardware and Software) inventory and CMDB maintenance
• Implementation of Supplier best practice storage management (device and user management)
• Participation on customer’s Change Control Board as storage advisor
• Technical escalation point-of-contact in relation to delivery of Services
• Documentation Management throughout the term. The documentation includes:
• Processes and procedures pertinent to Service Management (Process Run Books)
• Design documents
• Infrastructure configurations
• Change management documents
• Provisioning requests
o Incident and problem reports
o Regular reports and meeting notes. (Including Service Improvement Plans)
Infrastructure audits, configuration and data path compatibility checks
Candidates must be currently authorized to work in the US for any employer
- Resource would be expected to be on site in Weehawken, NJ.
- 9 months contract
Interested in Applying?
We can’t wait to see your resume! Please apply below with your most current resume and anything else you’d like us to know about you – commute preferences, desired work environments, etc. You should also feel free to email Monica (Monica.firstname.lastname@example.org) or call 408-400-2301