Advanced Energy Engineering Lab Engineer
Maxonic is looking for a Advanced Energy Engineering Lab Engineer for one of our leading customers.
Since 2002 Maxonic has been at the forefront of connecting candidate strengths to client challenges. Our award winning, dedicated team of recruiting professionals are specialized by technology, are great listeners, and will seek to find a position that meets the long-term career needs of our candidates.
Benefits offered to our employees include:
- Medical Insurance through Cal Choice [Kaiser and Anthem Blue Cross]
- HSA (Health Savings Account)
- 401K Plan
- Paid Sick Time Off
Primary Function of Position:
Client produces the da Vinci® Surgical System, a minimally invasive robotic surgery system that uses highly complex mechanics, replaceable instruments and accessories, and enhanced three-dimensional visualization to extend surgical technique and precision beyond the limits of the human hand.
The Advanced Energy Engineering Lab Engineer supports the testing and development of new and innovative surgical energy generators and electrosurgical instruments for the Intuitive da Vinci Surgical System. He or she must excel and be capable of working well in a highly motivated team environment focused on cutting edge technology.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Provide technical support and testing energy based surgical technologies
• Responsible for the execution of feasibility and design validation test protocols
• Build, test and troubleshoot prototype surgical instruments and generators
• Root cause failure analysis of complex mechanical and electrical systems
• Manage lab resources, lab organization and layout, supplies, and equipment
• Support the quality and regulatory processes as required
• BS in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering preferred.
o AS or military electronics training or equivalent education/experience with minimum 2 years of relevant lab experience also acceptable
• Strong organizational skills
• Experience with soldering, electrical / small mechanical assembly, and component-level electronics debug and repair.
• Comfortable using bench top tools like drill presses, dremels etc. to do minor mechanical re-work and disassembly.
• Experience with electronic test equipment such as oscilloscopes, signal generators, power supplies required
• Ability to read schematics combined with standard electronic test techniques to perform failure analysis and root cause determination to a component level
• Perform component-level repair on PCAs and box level assemblies using both SMT and through-hole rework techniques
• Perform functional or parametric testing of electronic circuit boards or assemblies
• Hands-on problem solver and strong team player
• Effective verbal and written communication skills
• A real excitement to learn and get to the bottom of tough technical problems
• A passion for creating robust and reliable products
- Candidates must be currently authorized to work in the US for any employer
- 5 months Contract position
- Sunnyvale, CA
Interested in Applying?
We can’t wait to see your resume! Please apply below with your most current resume and anything else you’d like us to know about you – commute preferences, desired work environments, etc. You should also feel free to email Himanshu (firstname.lastname@example.org) or call 408-715-1210 Ext 106.